Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 03:10 PM

59 posts, read 398,942 times

Advertisements

I am looking to hire a contractor to service a residential natural gas powered heating boiler/furnace (radiator heating).

Can someone please comment on how much it generally costs for a one-time annual maintenance service ?

Also, any recommendations for heating/cooling contractors in the North Jersey area will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 09:52 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,329,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitchin View Post
I am looking to hire a contractor to service a residential natural gas powered heating boiler/furnace (radiator heating).

Can someone please comment on how much it generally costs for a one-time annual maintenance service ?

Also, any recommendations for heating/cooling contractors in the North Jersey area will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
my friend pays $20/month to a place and they do 2 service calls per year, once for the furnace, once for the a/c.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,940,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
my friend pays $20/month to a place and they do 2 service calls per year, once for the furnace, once for the a/c.
Do you know the name of this contractor? I am interested.

I currently use this place: Foremost Services - Morris County Heating, Furnace repairs, Bergen County, New Jersey HVAC, Air Conditioning Fairfield, NJ

To the OP: I am signed up for the Silver Heat & AC Combo Plan with them. It's $229 a year (+tax, it's $245). That gets me ONE service call per year (1 heat service call OR 1 AC service call, not both), and a 15% discount on any heating repairs and a 15% discount on any AC repairs.

If you don't want to sign up for a service plan, an AC tune up costs $150, and a heating tune up costs $100.

brady--If your friend pays $240 per year for TWO service calls per year (1 heat servicing AND 1 AC servicing), that sounds like a better deal to me...I'd be interested as well. ETA: The Foremost guys I've been using are very good. They are very professional...from the guy that talks to you on the phone, to the guy that comes to your house. It really is a pleasure dealing with them. I just wanted to add that. However...if there is better pricing out there...money's kinda tight so...

Additional question:

Does anyone know how much it costs to get a dryer vent cleaned out?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:27 PM

59 posts, read 398,942 times
Thanks for the replies.

I managed to get quotes from a few different contractors using ServiceMagic.com and the quotes range from $75 to $225 for a one-time heating service. I chose one (for around $120) as he seemed very knowledgable and had good reviews. He also accomodated me for weekend service. Let's see how it goes.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:31 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,329,541 times
weltman home services

i'm going to call them for a quote also.

i figured cleaning the dryer vent out was a DIY job no?

Old 10-29-2011, 02:18 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,940,928 times
Thanks for the info, brady.

RE: the dryer vent--I got a letter from my HOA saying that everyone has to clean their dryer vent every 2 years...and they want proof that you did it. They included a list of professional contractors that do dryer vent cleaning. I think I have one of the units, though, that you're allowed to clean the vent yourself...but I've never done it before (and I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to "prove" that I did it). Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: