Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 11:41 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,057,362 times

Advertisements

Quickcheks are dumpier compared to WaWa. I think they may have opened a WaWa in Parsippany recently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 12:50 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,022,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Quickcheks are dumpier compared to WaWa. I think they may have opened a WaWa in Parsippany recently
QC's seem to go either way lately. A lot have been re-done lately and are looking great.

I still hold out on a dream for Sheetz to one day set up shop in NJ...

Old 10-29-2011, 12:55 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,675,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am mystified at the success of Starbucks. Their coffee is AWFUL. It's as if someone said, "Hey, let's take all the bitter dregs of old coffeepots from other places, put a big price on it, sell it as some sort of premium coffee, and people will think it's good just because it's expensive!"
And I thought I was the only one who felt this way! I'm not a coffee drinker (tea drinker) but when I have coffee DD's is my favorite. I HATE Starbucks. I have to water it down with a lot of milk and sugar just to make it tolerable.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:27 PM

328 posts, read 1,046,682 times
Love Wawa coffee. Their chocolate peanut butter ice cream got me through the last 4 weeks of my 1st pregnancy. The QC around here is brand new and pretty nice though. Both places have no surcharge ATMs.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 AM

50,339 posts, read 35,975,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
And I thought I was the only one who felt this way! I'm not a coffee drinker (tea drinker) but when I have coffee DD's is my favorite. I HATE Starbucks. I have to water it down with a lot of milk and sugar just to make it tolerable.
I hate it too, I have to use 4 Splenda's, lol. I just heard on the news though that they are finally coming out with a mild, non-bitter blend because apparently there are a lot of us who feel this way.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:28 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,537,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you guys seem to love wawa coffee. i have a coupon for a free cup, if it hasnt expired ill try it monday morning. im not paying for coffee.
coupon expires tomorrow so tomorrow morning ill sample a free 16oz of wawa coffee and give my expert opinion on its deliciousness.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:22 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,022,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
Definitely not alone there! I'm a daily coffee drinker and I find Starbucks to be repulsive. Whether it's their regular cup of coffee or one of the gourmet blends, it's all disgusting. I'll take a cup of burnt coffee from a TA truck stop in Nebraska over Starbucks.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:12 PM

614 posts, read 1,372,435 times
Anyone from the Woodbridge area would remember a WAWA on Rt.35
(St. George Ave) and Willry Street. That was back in the 90's a long, long time ago. If you know what the "Smaller" WAWAs looked like you can tell what it was, before they made those monster stores with Gas stations. Not that all have a gas station but I know a lot of them do.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:29 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,030,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
Definitely not alone there! I'm a daily coffee drinker and I find Starbucks to be repulsive. Whether it's their regular cup of coffee or one of the gourmet blends, it's all disgusting. I'll take a cup of burnt coffee from a TA truck stop in Nebraska over Starbucks.
Coffee from McDonalds is a million times better than Starbucks. Maybe they put some kind of addictive substance in it and that is what makes people drink it.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,537,521 times
i had a free wawa coffee on my way to work this morning. it was good coffee. its more like the dunkin donuts coffee in that its pretty mild and doesnt have a harsh bitter taste like starbucks. i think people like starbucks because it makes them feel more like a coffee afficionado than a wawa or dd. people who want to be afficionados cant like the more mild brand that everyone can enjoy, they need to like something that tastes bad. the strange thing about it is that so many people enjoy it. but i figure thats because the coffee drinking population is so large, that you have a lot of people who wish to be experts and like the more unpleasant beverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey