Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,525,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
This is one of the silliest debates on C&D.
I have been to both Wawa and Quick Check and found both to be nothing more than franchise convenience stores.
Both have good and bad, clean and dirty stores.
How people can argue about which is better is like two juveniles arguing about their favorite sports teams.
Silly debates are what we live for around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 09:02 AM

17,574 posts, read 45,983,675 times
Quote:
I have been to both Wawa and Quick Check and found both to be nothing more than franchise convenience stores.
How people can argue about which is better is like two juveniles arguing about their favorite sports teams.
Leave us juveniles to our debate and get back on your high horse.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,300,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Leave us juveniles to our debate and get back on your high horse.
Pretty lame comeback, is that all you got?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Pretty lame comeback, is that all you got?
What do you expect from a juvenile?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM

9,332 posts, read 20,675,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
AHHH Wawa WAS for South Jersey folks but it's moving North they just opened a Wawa in Woodbrige there is one coming soon in Harrison NJ, it will be in the Walmart parking lot... both of these Wawa stores have front and rear entrances.
Actually, many years ago, a Wawa existed on the Carlstadt / East Rutherford, right off of Rt 17. It was a geographical outlier of sorts, but old timers could no doubt clarify the existence of that store!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:17 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,859,171 times
Didn't bother reading the rest of the thread, but Wawa is a lifestyle, and I'm assuming Quickchek isn't. Growing up (and still to this day hah), if you didn't end up at Wawa on a drinking night, your night was a fail.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,485,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I like Quik Check, but Wawa is my store of preference. Wawa's heroes are great (and cheap). Coffee is good as well...
Just out of curiosity because I have never been in a "North Jersey Wawa" do they call them "heroes" or "hoagies". At all the Wawa's in South Jersey they are hoagies. We have "hoagiefest" when hoagies go on sale. So, are they heroes in North Jersey complete with "herofest"?

Quote:
Yes, this is far sillier and more juvenile then the typical "Corzine is a crook" vs. "Christie is fat" debates that are common around here.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 PM

2,733 posts, read 4,132,453 times
Quote:
Almost anytime someone starts a thread on New Jersey forum that is even remotely related to food you get about six pages of replies! Just try starting a pizza or ice cream thread. New Jerseyans love food and they have VERY strong opinions about it.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM

2,733 posts, read 4,132,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf131 View Post
Hmm.... I think I gotta go with Quickchek.

What NJGoat said is true, Wawas are universally well-kept and Quickcheks run the gamut from beautiful to skanky. Maybe this has something to do with franchising -- Wawa corporate checks its stores more frequently or demands a higher standard from the managers of individual locations? Just a guess.

I grew up drinking Wawa coffee (It was that damn Mocha Alert cappuccino that got me hooked around age 14 ) and eating Wawa subs and not knowing any different. I went through a phase in high school/college where I went to Wawa every day and reconned employee t-shirts (gifts from friends who worked there) into cute tops, skirts and stuff. There was one Quickchek near me, and I thought the coffee was good, but not worth driving to when I lived right near a Wawa.

Then I moved up north and Quickchek was my closest option. The coffee is much better and I think the sandwiches are, too. The meat they put on their sandwiches always tastes fresher. The coffee is more flavorful and Quickchek offers more options on its coffee fixins bar. Now whenever I go down the shore to visit my parents, I always hit a Wawa for old time's sake and always, ALWAYS, am disappointed with the coffee and think "how did I ever drink this crap?" haha.

Wawa makes delicious mac and cheese. They've got Quickchek beat in that area. Wawas are always clean and charge the same amount for gas whether you pay with cash or credit. Wawa store brand stuff is good -- I like their blue raspberry soda and their iced teas.

Quickchek has better coffee, better subs and a wider variety of hot food. Wawa baked goods can't stand up to Quickchek's. Quickchek has more frequent promotions, like a free coffee with the purchase of a breakfast sandwich and stuff like that on its Facebook page (does Wawa? I should probably check before acting like only Quicky does, haha) And Quickchek has scratch-offs, another huge plus in my book.

And like another poster said, Quickchek has a wider variety of stuff.

So I vote Quickchek. But if we're throwing in other coffee places, I'd put 7-11 over each of them, Dunkin Donuts between, and Starbucks at the same level as Quickchek. I love 7-11's blueberry coffee mixed with french vanilla cappuccino -- it's like a hot blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream in my cup and SOO good I didn't appreciate Starbucks until recently -- that was another preference borne of convenience. When I was hunting for apartments in North Jersey, there was a Starbucks right off the parkway and I'd always stop at it to pee out the Wawa I'd drank on the way up. I didn't feel right going there and not buying something, so I would buy a tall coffee. Good stuff.

And that's just my convenience store preferences. The coffee I grind myself is the most delicious in my opinion
Spoken like a true convenience store connoisseur

Old 10-24-2012, 02:52 PM

I don't think Wawa has franchises. I looked in to this a while ago. Not sure about Quickcheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey