Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:57 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,473,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I don't think Wawa has franchises. I looked in to this a while ago. Not sure about Quickcheck.
AFAIK, from checking both of their sites, neither is a franchise operation and all their stores are corporate owned. Wawa is explicit on their FAQ page that they do not franchise. All I could find on Quick Chek's page was a statement that they were a private/family owned businees that operated X amount of stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM

171 posts, read 414,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Didn't bother reading the rest of the thread, but Wawa is a lifestyle, and I'm assuming Quickchek isn't. Growing up (and still to this day hah), if you didn't end up at Wawa on a drinking night, your night was a fail.
Yeah, Quickchek's just a place to buy things lol. I've finished a few nights at Wawa, though

Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 PM

71 posts, read 152,142 times
In my opinion, Quick Check

Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 PM

3,404 posts, read 4,435,118 times
I'm not a coffee drinker and I live in Quickchekland; but if I had to pick, Wawa hands down. Every Wawa I've been to was clean and had friendly employees, while all the Quickcheks I've been to in Union and Middlesex counties were dingy and occasionally had rude employees.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,011,913 times
I remember stopping at a Quick Chek off Rt 35 in Eatontown one night about a year ago because I had to use the bathroom. The place was filthy and I spent a significant amount of time roaming around the store looking for the bathroom and not one person that worked there acknowledged that I was looking around or offered help. Finally I went over the coffee counter and asked the young girl behind there where the bathroom was, she rudely slurred "we don't have a bathroom here" like she was doped up on something illegal. This is really the only bad Quick Chek experience I had though, and I would not call the majority of them "dingy" or dirty.

The one thing I really like about Quick Chek is how some (not all) of them have sit down tables. I wish Wawa would start putting some of these in their stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey