Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 06:03 PM

831 posts, read 2,818,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Some train person is in the wrong.
Correct.

These conductors don't seem to realize that customer satisfaction is apart of their job. They know that people are going to get confused or told misinformation, so they should be bending over backwards to make sure our experience is as pleasant as possible, but instead 99% of them act like they're cops. I thought a lot of them got laid off during the restructuring, but there are still nearly 5-6 per train ride each way. Too many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 PM

10,219 posts, read 19,111,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
It was a Major storm outside NYC , it dumped 6-20inches in some spots....ALL Nor'Easters are Major storms.... When you hear of a storm that size you usually cancel your plans...
Not all Nor'Easters are major. Had this one been a mostly-rain event (as predicted the night before), it would have been nothing to worry about.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:38 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,079,021 times
Quote:
There are things they can't say / tell you , and there very informed. Once again the fault falls mostly on the OP , if a major Nor'easter is coming why would you go out?

FOr ****s and giggles? Maybe I missed your sarcasm but who knows why he went out. maybe a tree fell on his parents house and he had to get there in an emergency, who cares.

I think its NJ Transits fault. Hassling the person, you think he would really rather go to Newark and get on a bus vs. just taking the usual train. And to have to pay an extra fee over something not his fault? Sure its not necessarily NJT fault either, both parties should work together

Old 11-04-2011, 01:58 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,763,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
FOr ****s and giggles? Maybe I missed your sarcasm but who knows why he went out. maybe a tree fell on his parents house and he had to get there in an emergency, who cares.

I think its NJ Transits fault. Hassling the person, you think he would really rather go to Newark and get on a bus vs. just taking the usual train. And to have to pay an extra fee over something not his fault? Sure its not necessarily NJT fault either, both parties should work together
Whats wrong with the buses...nothing....buses carry most of NJT ridership....if you cannot take a bus from Newark because of stereotyping then you have issues... Granted it , maybe he should have been allowed a free transfer or ticket.... Buses were the only things running west on that day after the first tree crashed one the wires...then they shutdown the rest of the system.... Maybe communication could have been better....

Old 11-05-2011, 01:15 AM

3,921 posts, read 9,094,268 times
Quote:
Whats wrong with the buses...nothing....buses carry most of NJT ridership....if you cannot take a bus from Newark because of stereotyping then you have issues... Granted it , maybe he should have been allowed a free transfer or ticket.... Buses were the only things running west on that day after the first tree crashed one the wires...then they shutdown the rest of the system.... Maybe communication could have been better....
She's saying it's harder. Instead of taking a one-seat ride home, the OP had to go to Newark Penn Station and figure out which ramp their bus was going to leave from (they must've ran some kind of tripper because there are only a couple of regular routes near Dover and they just feed into the train station)

And that's what we're all saying: The conductor shouldn't have given the OP a hard time, especially considering that the ticket was valid for the zone he/she was in (just on a different line).

Old 11-07-2011, 09:49 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,079,021 times
Quote:

I don't think anyone said anything about stereotyping, and I certainly didn't. I've gone to newark several times and I'll take the bus if I have to, but if someone felt uncomfortable with Newark and taking a bus there, I don't blame them either. its not a stereotype, its straight up true that most of newark isn't the best place for most people, its not a fairy tale.

Again as stated, the problem is that the OP should not have been hassled. Are you a NJT customer service rep or what. I know you like and appreciate their service, but lets get real here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: