Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 06:25 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,224,548 times

Advertisements

So i'm waiting for the 3:20 Dover train and exactly at 3:20 on the screen/announcement i'm told that the 3:20 and All Dover trains are canceled for the whole day. I ask the worker at the booth what i should do he says just hop on the 3:23 to Newark Penn and take a bus home. Before I got on train, I explain to the ticket collectors and i'm given the ok. One of the guy comes to me once I hop on and the train is deporting that I should have a ticket for this train and I explain to him that the ticket I paid for was canceled so I'm just getting off on the next stop to transfer (as was explained to me from a NJ Transit worker). This guy starts to have an attitude with me.

I already wasted 6 bucks on a Dover ticket. Was I suppose to buy another ticket again? It's NJ Transit fault that all trains coming from New York Penn Station were canceled. Huge inconvenience. And now I gotta deal with a loud mouth ticket handler who tries to act like police.

But anyway, i'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 06:34 PM

5,816 posts, read 12,589,372 times
The nerve of that worker!

Old 10-29-2011, 06:36 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,033,436 times
The issue is that NJTransit doesn't have (or doesn't use) a method to redirect passengers in the event of a problem. Ideally, the NJTransit guy who told you to go to Newark Penn would have given you something saying you could ride the train and bus to avoid hassle from ticket inspectors.

The same should be done when someone misses a stop and needs to get on the train the other way to get to the correct stop.

NJTransit isn't very customer oriented. It never has been for the last decade I have been using it.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,782,631 times
They have a twitter and most ppl fellow them....what idiot goes on the day of a major storm? I don't feel bad for you one bit....

Old 10-29-2011, 09:06 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,939,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
They have a twitter and most ppl fellow them....what idiot goes on the day of a major storm? I don't feel bad for you one bit....
wow too funny tell that to the idiots on the highways in upstate NY lol

Old 10-29-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
They have a twitter and most ppl fellow them....
Apparently the conductors don't and are uninformed.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Apparently the conductors don't and are uninformed.
There are things they can't say / tell you , and there very informed. Once again the fault falls mostly on the OP , if a major Nor'easter is coming why would you go out?

Old 10-30-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
There are things they can't say / tell you , and there very informed. Once again the fault falls mostly on the OP , if a major Nor'easter is coming why would you go out?
Oh that's BS and [I would hope] you know it. Why the OP went out is irrelevant. NJTransit cancelled a service, informed the OP what to do, and received attitude when he/she tried to do it. NJTransit has the responsibility to communicate consistent information to their customers. There was no need to an NJTransit employee to act like a cop or throw an attitude. At the end of the day they are civil servants and should treat their customers accordingly.

OP, it's not your fault at all.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 AM

19,056 posts, read 25,182,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
One of the guy comes to me once I hop on and the train is deporting that I should have a ticket for this train and I explain to him that the ticket I paid for was canceled so I'm just getting off on the next stop to transfer (as was explained to me from a NJ Transit worker). This guy starts to have an attitude with me.

But anyway, i'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

My thoughts are that, while it is a shame that you paid far too much for that short ride, and that you should not have been given "an attitude" by the train's conductor, you should be grateful that it was just the train that was deported, and not you.

To what country did they exile this train?

Old 10-30-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Oh that's BS and [I would hope] you know it. Why the OP went out is irrelevant. NJTransit cancelled a service, informed the OP what to do, and received attitude when he/she tried to do it. NJTransit has the responsibility to communicate consistent information to their customers. There was no need to an NJTransit employee to act like a cop or throw an attitude. At the end of the day they are civil servants and should treat their customers accordingly.

OP, it's not your fault at all.
Its the truth , same with the subway.....and the LRT....they can't tell you everything....and the fact that NJT cancelled service at around 3pm means something fell on the lines....and its out of there hands. The OP doesn't sound like hes been here long , Most ppl or most sane ppl stay indoors when they hear a nor'eastern coming... And If they did treat him with disrespect , thats unfortunate , however there humans too and people were probably starting to get stressed out yesterday...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: