Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:16 AM

13 posts, read 42,806 times

Advertisements

Looking for some info on the North Middletown area, specifically off Thompson Avenue on Rt 36. My wife and I saw a few houses in that general area that we like. We've also seen houses in Aberdeen, Keyport, Keansburg, Union Beach, Hazlet - pretty much all those towns off 36. We thought Hazlet was the best of the bunch but we have yet to find a house that we really like in that area.....We are in the $375-$410 price range....Looking for a 3BR, 2 Bath. We work in NYC so commuting is a major factor. So now we are focusing on north middletown....Any thoughts on North Middletown would be apprectiated......Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 02:31 PM

687 posts, read 3,251,852 times
Middletown is nice. That said, certain places in Keansburg like to call themselves North Middletown, and you probably don't want Keansburg.

Are you set on Monmouth County? If not, you could look a little further north on 35 and reduce your commuting time via train... South Amboy, Sayreville, etc...

Old 08-26-2007, 06:41 PM

Yea, we've looked at south amboy...Haven't seen much that we liked in our price range...South Amboy would be ideal location-wise but again, we haven't found anything we really liked so far.....Saw a few houses in Sayreville also but nothing that my wife loved...at least, not yet......What point does keansburg end and middletown (north) start? Is there a landmark or something that you can mention that i might know? Somewhere off 36?

Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 PM

329 posts, read 1,442,816 times
I think Palmer Ave. on #36 begins North Middletown, aka keansburg. The area is so/so in all honesty. It's not the cesspool that some paint it as, but there are more desireable areas for sure. I think that Port Monmouth is a little nicer, have you looked there? It is right next door and has some very nice homes, even on the "wet side". I have several friends that live there and the area in general is much more family oriented and well kept.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:36 AM

We haven't seen anything in Port Monmouth...We just recently started to consider the Middletown area so we'll broaden our search. I was just curious about North Middletown - the 5 block radius of where we were looking seeming pretty decent. houses were for the most part well-kept so that was a good sign plus there seemed to be mulitiple new construction houses that are up or in the process of going up so we thought that was encouraging. Port Monmouth is just a bit further south than North Middletown?

Old 08-27-2007, 11:11 AM

14 posts, read 50,149 times
I actually live in (GASP...) Keansburg, and commute to NY via bus from 36. I only moved there b/c of the low taxes (no kids to worry about the schools) and it has been fine for me.

With moderate traffic, it's 1hr.10 min commute time. Belford is a nice option if you'd like to take the ferry to NY (a bit pricey, but worth it).

Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 AM

4 posts, read 163,639 times
People.....

North Middletown is NOT keansburg. Let's get that straight. It is MIddletown as much as Middletown is. They usually deem it N.Middletown, cause its the "Water" side of Route 36. If people in the Burg say they are in N Middletown, it's becasue they are ashamed of the burg.

And rightly so.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:26 AM

3 posts, read 8,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeansBurger King View Post
People.....

North Middletown is NOT keansburg. Let's get that straight. It is MIddletown as much as Middletown is. They usually deem it N.Middletown, cause its the "Water" side of Route 36. If people in the Burg say they are in N Middletown, it's becasue they are ashamed of the burg.

And rightly so.
agreed on all counts.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:36 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,966,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAN IRISH GIRL View Post
agreed on all counts.
fwiw, The area was always known as EAST KEANSBURG, North Middletown is the name adopted by the people who didn't like being associated with Keansburg, while it is indeed a part of Middletown Township, it is also adjacent to Keansburg, for better or worse

Old 06-03-2008, 01:49 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by there.he.is View Post
Looking for some info on the North Middletown area, specifically off Thompson Avenue on Rt 36. My wife and I saw a few houses in that general area that we like. We've also seen houses in Aberdeen, Keyport, Keansburg, Union Beach, Hazlet - pretty much all those towns off 36. We thought Hazlet was the best of the bunch but we have yet to find a house that we really like in that area.....We are in the $375-$410 price range....Looking for a 3BR, 2 Bath. We work in NYC so commuting is a major factor. So now we are focusing on north middletown....Any thoughts on North Middletown would be apprectiated......Thanks,
You might want to checkout Tinton Falls and RedBank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey