U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 09-09-2006, 11:06 PM
 
1 posts, read 8,950 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

My family is thinking about moving to Southampton, NJ. Are the houses and taxes very high there? Also, is it a good school district and how about crime rate?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-17-2007, 11:18 AM
 
16 posts, read 58,057 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtown View Post
My family is thinking about moving to Southampton, NJ. Are the houses and taxes very high there? Also, is it a good school district and how about crime rate?
taxes high homes nice but Shamong is better to live
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2007, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Cumming GA
200 posts, read 945,526 times
Reputation: 53
Default Southampton aka Vincentown

Well taxes are high all over NJ...... I lived in Southampton from 1996 until December 2006. It is a wonderful town, 44 square miles, only 10,000 residents. Full time kindergarten, 1 school (3 buildings to separate the grades) a little league etc, it truly has a small town feel. You would be in the Lenape School District, and your children would attend Seneca High school which is new and state of the art...not to mention their excellent baseball and Football teams. Lenape is an excellent district and you would be hard pressed to find better. Homes can be had for as low as $200,000. I can recommend some neighborhoods, what is your price range? Crime, very low.. there is no public transportation there I would not hesitate to leave my doors unlocked. The worst crime I ever heard of was a mail box or 2 getting bashed in. Southampton is patrooled by the State Police Red Lion Barracks. I always said Southampton is what Medford thinks it is, a true bedroom community. The building is restricted due to the Pinelands being there. Southampton is the township, but Vincentown is what the center of the town is called, so look at both.

My taxes were around $8,000 for a 2500 sq ft 4 bedroom homes in Burrs Mills Estates) I think Shamongs taxes are higher. Plus in Southampton you are closer to Route 70 and 38.

I could go on and on. I grew up in Cherry Hill NJ (30 years) and moved to Southampton (11 years) You could not make a better choice in a place to raise children and live.

Let me know if you have any more questions...I am home sick!

If you need an excellent realtor in the area let me know.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 AM
 
Location: Southampton.
1 posts, read 8,649 times
Reputation: 10
Default Southampton, please read.

Hello, did you say you come from New Jersey? If so, then I don't know alot about New Jersey, but I doubt it has a higher crime rate than Southampton. I am writing this to inform you of what goes on in Southampton. It is a lovely place to live, lots to do during the night and lots of entertainment. However, the crime rate and the ammount of kids running around causing alot of trouble and bullying others is ridiculously high.
Alex
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 05:43 AM
 
Location: NJ
15,484 posts, read 24,418,787 times
Reputation: 15188
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtown View Post
My family is thinking about moving to Southampton, NJ. Are the houses and taxes very high there? Also, is it a good school district and how about crime rate?
We were going to buy in Southampton. What's your budget? Perhaps I can give you a few houses that I have saved & liked to save you some time. The area we liked best was a street called Shenendoah (sp?), the other home owners take pride in their homes.

Research I did, schools are good.

Reason we didn't buy in Southampton: Prices are a bit high. Burrs Estates was mentioned, which is expensive. For less we got a brand new house in Williamstown. From what I researched of the two high schools they were ranked pretty close together, which was good enough for me when you take everything into account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerSa80 View Post
Hello, did you say you come from New Jersey? If so, then I don't know alot about New Jersey, but I doubt it has a higher crime rate than Southampton. I am writing this to inform you of what goes on in Southampton. It is a lovely place to live, lots to do during the night and lots of entertainment. However, the crime rate and the ammount of kids running around causing alot of trouble and bullying others is ridiculously high.
Alex

Not what I've heard & I'm a few towns over.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 10:05 AM
 
41 posts, read 236,238 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
We were going to buy in Southampton. What's your budget? Perhaps I can give you a few houses that I have saved & liked to save you some time. The area we liked best was a street called Shenendoah (sp?), the other home owners take pride in their homes.

Research I did, schools are good.

Reason we didn't buy in Southampton: Prices are a bit high. Burrs Estates was mentioned, which is expensive. For less we got a brand new house in Williamstown. From what I researched of the two high schools they were ranked pretty close together, which was good enough for me when you take everything into account.




Not what I've heard & I'm a few towns over.
Could you send me that info about the house on Shenandoah, Southampton.

Is this the house?
Single Family Home - Southampton, NJ, 08088 - Realtor.com


Thanks

Last edited by JimboC; 11-18-2007 at 10:31 AM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 10:18 AM
 
41 posts, read 236,238 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerSa80 View Post
Hello, did you say you come from New Jersey? If so, then I don't know alot about New Jersey, but I doubt it has a higher crime rate than Southampton. I am writing this to inform you of what goes on in Southampton. It is a lovely place to live, lots to do during the night and lots of entertainment. However, the crime rate and the ammount of kids running around causing alot of trouble and bullying others is ridiculously high.
Alex
I think you might have mixed up where Southampton is in NJ, this thread is not talking about Southampton, New York.

Southampton NJ doesn't even have it's own Police Department, the crime rate is so low. Only police force that Southampton, NJ has is the NJ State Police. As far as lots of things to do during night and lots of entertainment, I would like to know more about what things you are talking about.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2007, 10:43 AM
 
Location: NJ
15,484 posts, read 24,418,787 times
Reputation: 15188
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboC View Post
Could you send me that info about the house on Shenandoah, Southampton.

Is this the house?
Single Family Home - Southampton, NJ, 08088 - Realtor.com


Thanks
Yes! The house is nice. She even has it decorated the same as me...

When I looked at it, it was more $$, and we ended up with new construction for not much more then what it was at the time.

I also have saved (didn't look at)
5170267
5091845 - drove by, nice location. I was set to tour this when our new house loan got approved.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2013, 01:29 PM
 
1 posts, read 4,350 times
Reputation: 11
towns nice but i have to say the school is not great the school is not consider about the kids dont want to go into much detail but all i have to say my child is being mistreated and i have found out there have been a lot more kids mistreated. so town is nice low crime but look into a private school
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top