Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 07:20 PM

7 posts, read 18,526 times

Advertisements

My fiancé' works in Princeton Junction and we are currently in Plainsboro. The area is really charming and we enjoy it. Everything we need is close by except things to do at night (hangouts,pubs,anything?!). We may relocate to a different town once the lease is up and are looking for suggestions! The area seems to be mostly suburbia but we really enjoy how nice and new everything is in Plainsboro. Is there the best of both worlds? Nice and more lively- close to Princeton? We really enjoyed Lambertville /New Hope area. Are there more areas like those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,123,839 times
How about close to downtown Princeton? It will cost more, but it will definitely give you some options at night.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:27 PM

115 posts, read 381,387 times
Quote:
We really enjoyed Lambertville /New Hope area. Are there more areas like those?
Agree completely with manderly6. The only thing close to hip, nightlife and towns in your area (that have character) would be New Brunswick or Asbury Park. Both have some still apparent urban blight, but also enough cool open-minded young people.

You will find nothing like New Hope/ Lambertville. I tried looking at the other river towns like Stockton, Frenchtown & Milford, but they're not in the same league.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:10 AM

2,050 posts, read 5,940,752 times
Probably New Brunswick and Princeton would offer you more "nightlife" and things to do (University sports, bars/clubs, coffee houses, theatres, plays, urban vibe etc.) but they are just a 20 minute commute from Plainsboro. I love the Plainsboro area because of it's green space, building restrictions and the amenities close by~train station, stores, new hospital, access to Route 1 or 130. It's just so pleasant to be able to have the peace and quiet and travel out to the "hot spots".

There are a couple of good restaurants in the Hightstown area, out on 206 towards Belle Mead area, and up Route 27 going through Cranbury and into Kingston. Even North Brunswick/South Brunswick on either Route 130 and Route 1 might have more "action". I'm not sure how Freehold is these days, but there may be some places along Route 33 as you head towards the "shore"~Red Bank, Point Pleasant, Belmar etc. have great fun places, although many will be closed during the winter season.

There were for many years, places on Route 1 tucked in to or behind the malls that were always fun~I met my husband at one near the Quaker Bridge Mall. It's no longer there, but the area was always popular for the Princeton/Route 1 Corridor/Forrestal Village and Cranbury young professionals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey