Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,917 times

Advertisements

im thinking about moving to the area (new job offer) what leading businesses i.e. real estate, healthcare, any local businesses that I should know about...you know, reconnecting with the local businesses. anything will help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,057 times
Try this:

Rahway New Jersey Home Page

Old 08-29-2007, 01:58 PM

161 posts, read 767,486 times
I looked at renting in Rahway. My sister lives there with her family. Its really not a great area. The downtown area is real nice, but thats about it. The outer areas are a bit run down and its awfully close to Elizabeth. It is inexpensive, could be a city on the rise in the next 5-10 years. So much money goes into the downtown area that it seems like not much goes to the outer areas.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:57 PM

7 posts, read 28,608 times
try looking into colonia. it is a very nice town. quiet and still close to rahway and woodbridge twp

Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM

12 posts, read 67,185 times
Only specific sections of Rahway would be considered "nice." Try looking into the Clark/Westfield area or you could also try the Woodbridge area.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:46 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,458,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
I looked at renting in Rahway. My sister lives there with her family. Its really not a great area. The downtown area is real nice, but thats about it. The outer areas are a bit run down and its awfully close to Elizabeth. It is inexpensive, could be a city on the rise in the next 5-10 years. So much money goes into the downtown area that it seems like not much goes to the outer areas.

If you are talking about the outer area's as in up by 1-9 then
yes it is a bit rundown and going thru some construction

But please stick to what you know
Rahway downtown is going thru a major redevelopement right now
(if you consider that nice than wait till it is finished ) It is not bad right now but there is a lot of construction going on
It will be very nice WHEN it is done

When you were looking in the area did you take a look in the Milton Lake area
The hospital area The Merck area or the Inman Hgts Area ?
I would suggest you take another trip and see what i am talking about.
Those area's are what make Rahway Beautiful right now
When downtown is finished it will also be very nice

Also Fyi
Rahway borders Linden,Clark,Colonia,and Avenal not Elizabeth

Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtemp View Post
im thinking about moving to the area (new job offer) what leading businesses i.e. real estate, healthcare, any local businesses that I should know about...you know, reconnecting with the local businesses. anything will help!
Since you will get different view points from people
your best bet is to take a day trip around Rahway from one end to the other and make up your own mind

Some will tell you to try Clark (oh wait a minute , that borders the Milton lake , The Hospital sections And Rahway river park section)
Some will say try Colonia (Oh that borders Inman Hgts and Milton Lake section)
How about Avenel in Woodbridge (also Inman Hghts)

Your best bet will be to take a trip out and when you are done you can
Have a casual lunch or supper at the Waiting room on Cherry St (smack in the middle of downtown) .

Old 08-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtemp View Post
I forgot to mention that at least one person
will say don't move there because of the prison
So let me beat them too it

The Prison is not in Rahway
it is on Rahway ave in Woodbrige

Old 10-21-2007, 05:36 PM

9 posts, read 38,982 times
Default Rahway is going to be awesome

Right now rahway is being revitalized at a tremendous rate. I plan on moving there in mid to late 2008. And carteret is being built up with housing and companies as well but I still dont like it there, however it is still good for the surrounding area. There are some run down parts of rahway but once the new nice businesses open up, alot of the old ones will either have to shape up to compete or sell to developers. Second, Im betting that the home values will rise once the housing market turns around and the lower income homeowners will want to sell to make a profit. From what I read , developers are attracting professionals from manhattan who dont want to pay the high cost of housing there. Also Rahway is very close to menlo park mall, new shopping centers and the strip of restaurants on route 1&9. My fiance and I are very excited about this new city!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey