Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 07:56 AM

8 posts, read 8,045 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Can anyone please explain to me as clearly and specific as possible, how can I get from Route 5 at Brinkerhoff Ave in Fort Lee to NYC through the GWB? The problem is that anyone I ask - no-one can give me any specific details. I heard that the little Spanish shuttles bring you directly to NYC but when I tried to stop one, the driver started to explain something to me in Spanish and I did not understand 1 word of it but I did understand that he was not going there. Then another lady told me that those shuttles don`t run through GWB anymore bec. it got too expensive for them - is that true? Or, are there any other private shuttles that can bring me to NYC from my location? Or do I have to drive to GWB and switch to some local bus there? However, I am looking for the easiest option possible, not involving my car. If there is any shuttle, where exactly do they stop, how do they look, how much is the ride over GWB, do I have to stop them by waving or do they have any specific stops? How frequent they run? Any specific schedule? I am currently taking the 159R bus to Port Authority but that is a very long and boring commute although many people told me they prefer doing that over going through the GWB. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 PM

9 posts, read 14,892 times
You posted this forever ago but it seems like the only option for you would be the 159 to the GWB - Almost any NJ transit from the GWB over the bridge. The 159 is a HORRENDOUS commute. I made the mistake of living off of that line and I almost cried myself to work and back every day that year. WHAT A HORRIBLE BUS RIDE! It took me 2 hours a lot of times. Sometimes the bus didn't show up. It was just the worst route. URGH...Still have bad feelings about that lol! Fort Lee was really nice though. I would like to go back there but only if I found a place with a great commute.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:09 PM

4 posts, read 10,272 times
Sorry to bump an old topic. Would like to know if there are any jitney buses that run around the area the original poster mentioned that goes over the GWB to bridge plaza?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:35 PM

45 posts, read 81,478 times
Might check out illegal ride sharing/ car pooling:
Ride-sharing at George Washington Bridge saves cash but includes a risk - NorthJersey.com

Old 07-03-2013, 05:37 AM

4 posts, read 10,272 times
I meant go over the gwb to GWB Bus Station. Do the jitney go up Anderson Ave through Center Ave and across the bridge or do they just stop at Bridge Plaza now?

Not interested in the ride sharing. Fom that far south, you still need a way to get to Bridge Plaza. Trying to avoid taking bus to Bridge Plaza and then transferring to another one to get across the bridge.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:14 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,748 times
The 181 runs down Palisades to QWB Plaza, or if you can get down to River Rd the 188 goes over the bridge as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey