Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 PM

11 posts, read 48,920 times

Advertisements

I am planning to enroll my 18 months old daughter in a preschool this coming Spring. I am looking for a school that will offer bilingual curriculum in a half-day format. From my research Billingual Buds in Summit seems to fit the bill. Just want to get some feedback from folks on this board who has put their toddlers through this school. I am also open to suggestion for other similar preschools/programs in the Morris county area.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 07:32 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,925,208 times
Are you bilingual? My son is bilingual because we are bilingual. We only focus on one language at home and let him learn English at school. Never consider a bilingual preschool for my child. After all, he will need to use English to learn at regular school anyway. It's better to let them get used to it in school environment so that they can tell that they should use English at school.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:08 AM

11 posts, read 48,920 times
Point well taken. My guess is unless the parents know how to teach and have a fairly structured approach to it, the kids would probably only pick up the speaking part of the foreign language. Anyway, after some research I have found there are only two preschools/K-schools in the Morris county that offer bilingual curriculum.

On the other hand if we only look for typical preschools there are literally hundreds out there, some are national chain operation and some are independently operated. Anyone would have any recommendation for a good quality preschools/k-schools in the Morris county or Union county (specifically in Summit and Westfield)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey