U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 PM

78 posts, read 387,195 times

Advertisements

i need tutoring to correct my accent and improve my verbal communication skills, especially over the phone. i am living in central jersey (edison area) and appreciate if you post or email me any source including tuition. thank you in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM

13,224 posts, read 27,243,277 times
Many communities have ESL or English as Second Language classes
Many of these are free, you just need to check within your community, perhaps your local High School or the county college in your area.

If your english is fairly good but you are just looking to tone down the accent try some of the book stores..the larger chains ..Barnes & Noble etc...they sometimes have tapes of languages English included and you could work on your accent that way

And KUDOS to you for looking to improve your English

Old 09-02-2007, 11:18 PM

119 posts, read 214,865 times
Yes, Middlesex County College at Edison has ESL or other English courses at nights. Go check the website and get more info.

You can also hire Rutgers Univ students to help; it won't cost much.

Another way to improve is "watch a lot of movies" in theather so that you can focus, or watch cartoon on TV like Sampson. you learn both English and American culture and humor altogether ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: