Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
plus the keeping up with the joneses factor is a cause for convern
whats the matter? afraid you wont be able to keep up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
thanks for that contribution.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:02 AM

901 posts, read 2,248,897 times
They're will be less divide between the rich and poor in Fair Haven, most are upper middle class. In Rumson you have the uber rich and everybody else. But when it comes right down to it, "keeping up with the Joneses" is a game you can choose not to play. Teaching your kids good values is better than teaching them money and toys buy happiness.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:33 PM

244 posts, read 597,991 times
I think you are putting too much emphasize on not thinking Middletown High School is up to par. It really is a fine school. Those rankings only tell you so much. I went to a high school in NJ that is ranked int he 200's (Belvidere High School in Warren County). I went on to a 4 year college, graduated, got a job in advertising and do very, very well for myself. High school is in large part what kids or parents make of it.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:00 PM

Hey Mets Fan did you see 63 Princeton Rd it listed yesterday at 489K, spoke to a realtor, it sold today for asking price. One day on the market. Wow!

Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 PM

Hey Oyster-

Not the biggest fan of that area- but the house was decent- nothing special though....no clue where the "million dollar homes" the listing mentioned were- actually i do- in a totally different part of FH.....

Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren810g View Post
I think you are putting too much emphasize on not thinking Middletown High School is up to par. It really is a fine school. Those rankings only tell you so much. I went to a high school in NJ that is ranked int he 200's (Belvidere High School in Warren County). I went on to a 4 year college, graduated, got a job in advertising and do very, very well for myself. High school is in large part what kids or parents make of it.
Hi Lauren-

Thanks for the reply....It's not a bad HS per se- It's a pretty good school - but not as good as it should be compared to other HS's in similar socioeconomic areas- even w/in Monmouth cty.....just weary of dropping 550K for a house plus 10K plus in taxes to have to even consider private HS....its really the only issue w/ the town in my opinion- sat scores, 4 year college % etc should all be higher in line with similar towns.....not saying it should be top 10- but more in line w/ cranford, berkley heights even manalapan etc....

Old 05-30-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Hey Oyster-

Not the biggest fan of that area- but the house was decent- nothing special though....no clue where the "million dollar homes" the listing mentioned were- actually i do- in a totally different part of FH.....

Really? I'm surprised you don't like that block. I find Princeton, Harvard, Lake, Forrest and most of those blocks in that neighborhood very nice. Of course River Oaks is nicer but unless you have over 700K++ to spend you'll have to consider other parts of Fair Haven.

BTW what is your budget and what do you want to spend on taxes?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post
Really? I'm surprised you don't like that block. I find Princeton, Harvard, Lake, Forrest and most of those blocks in that neighborhood very nice. Of course River Oaks is nicer but unless you have over 700K++ to spend you'll have to consider other parts of Fair Haven.

BTW what is your budget and what do you want to spend on taxes?

I'll have to recheck that area- just remember it as being close to both the HS (red bank regional) and the unimpressive area between fair haven rd and hance.....

Also- I know Oyster you've touched on it in the past- but can anyone expand of the Middletown South neighborhoods (excluding Lincroft) a bit?

Thanks

Old 05-30-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I'll have to recheck that area- just remember it as being close to both the HS (red bank regional) and the unimpressive area between fair haven rd and hance.....

Also- I know Oyster you've touched on it in the past- but can anyone expand of the Middletown South neighborhoods (excluding Lincroft) a bit?

Thanks
I agree the area b/w Hance and Fair Haven Rd is unimpressive, but just west of that b/w Hance and Harrison Ave (bordering Red Bank) is very nice (IMO). Keep in mind even the unimpressive areas are relatively expensive. You're paying for the schools, the lifestlyle and the zipcode.

As for Middletown South I hope you get some more responses than just mine, however, you can ask me anything about it, as I should know I grew up there. I went to South and lived there for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey