U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:42 PM

376 posts, read 605,703 times

Advertisements

if you had enough money to get into new york on the bus, how do you NOT know how much money it will cost for you to get out of new york on the bus? quit running up to people that regularly take the nj transit bus at the bus ticket machines for money talking about "can you please give me a quarter or a dollar so i can get home?" for real, it just irks the hell out of me how some people could be so stupid then at the same time, won't even bother to help you out if you needed them to spare you a dime on the bus.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 01:59 PM

2,139 posts, read 4,691,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
if you had enough money to get into new york on the bus, how do you NOT know how much money it will cost for you to get out of new york on the bus? quit running up to people that regularly take the nj transit bus at the bus ticket machines for money talking about "can you please give me a quarter or a dollar so i can get home?" for real, it just irks the hell out of me how some people could be so stupid then at the same time, won't even bother to help you out if you needed them to spare you a dime on the bus.
are you sure they aren't nicely dressed beggers? it has happened to me a couple times in NYC. a nicely dressed person approaches and asks for $$ because they were travelling from Boston or Philly and lost their cell phone and wallet and need $$ to get back home.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:59 PM

572 posts, read 1,915,110 times
Ummmmm....you really think those people asking "can you please give me a quarter or a dollar so i can get home?" really need a quarter or a dollar to get home? Most of them are NYC residents that do that everyday allday and probably rake in enough cash to live modest lives.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2012, 02:08 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,256,890 times
(could really use a troll emoticon)

Old 01-10-2012, 02:43 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,632,433 times
Quote:
IGNORE THEIR ASSES DONE!!!!!!!!!! However in RARE cases some are legit and are in fact stranded but most are bull****ters.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:34 PM

71,409 posts, read 67,461,829 times
I would immediately think "junkie" or "crackhead" but then I've been working in the city for 30 years and might be a bit jaded.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
are you sure they aren't nicely dressed beggers? it has happened to me a couple times in NYC. a nicely dressed person approaches and asks for $$ because they were travelling from Boston or Philly and lost their cell phone and wallet and need $$ to get back home.
i was thinking the same exact thing but then again, this isn't the first time this has happened with me. the week before, i helped some teenage girl catch the bus she was about to miss because she was short 75 cents. before that, i helped some woman and her baby catch the bus because she was short too. these people must not know how to use the transit and are probably used to driving around. funny how they were going on the bus route to bergen county, one of those rich towns too.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,632,433 times
Quote:
i was thinking the same exact thing but then again, this isn't the first time this has happened with me. the week before, i helped some teenage girl catch the bus she was about to miss because she was short 75 cents. before that, i helped some woman and her baby catch the bus because she was short on change. these people must not know how to use the transit and are probably used to driving around.
NOPE they are mostly NY folk unfamiliar with NJT

Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
NOPE they are mostly NY folk unfamiliar with NJT
believe it or not, there's a lot of people in new jersey that don't even ride new jersey transit and if they do, they either ride the train or the bus. most people don't mess with both.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:48 PM

24,497 posts, read 38,494,578 times
I ride the trains. I don't understand how anyone can stand the NJ Transit buses.

I'm in Newark Penn Station a lot and run into the same kind of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey