Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,641 times

Advertisements

One word for Colts Neck: nouveau riche.

Many moved down from Northern NJ and NY and bought ridiculously ostentatious homes and cars to flaunt their newfound wealth. It has become very snobby.

Yes, it's pretty, gorgeous farmland, but has zero walkability. Yes you can buy a big house there, but it really has no neighborhoods and loaded with huge mansions. If you like your privacy and don't need to commute more than a few miles, it can be a good deal. Middletown, Aberdeen and Holmdel better choices if you want to feel like part of a community in Monmouth county. Rumson is similar.

We ended up moving back to Morris county (Harding) where we have access to Morristown as well much improved commuting to everywhere and are much happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 01:30 PM

73 posts, read 150,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkey2014 View Post
One word for Colts Neck: nouveau riche.

Many moved down from Northern NJ and NY and bought ridiculously ostentatious homes and cars to flaunt their newfound wealth. It has become very snobby.

Yes, it's pretty, gorgeous farmland, but has zero walkability. Yes you can buy a big house there, but it really has no neighborhoods and loaded with huge mansions. If you like your privacy and don't need to commute more than a few miles, it can be a good deal. Middletown, Aberdeen and Holmdel better choices if you want to feel like part of a community in Monmouth county. Rumson is similar.

We ended up moving back to Morris county (Harding) where we have access to Morristown as well much improved commuting to everywhere and are much happier.
First thing Colts Neck has a ton of "old money" or whatever you think old money is. So don't know what your talking about, lived around the area my whole life and know many people from colts neck. For the building or buying "ridiculously ostentatious homes" thats nothing new. Hate to break it you but thats what rich people do. You think they're are going to buy some old run down estate in colts neck and be happy. No, they are going to buy the new fancy house or fix the old mansion up to make it look new. It happens in every other wealthy NJ town.

Second thing, colts neck is only fine if you dont need to commute more than a few miles?? Really a few miles thats it. LOL. It takes a few miles just to get out of colts neck and onto a main road. You act like colts neck is in the middle of Kansas with nothing around it for miles and miles.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:39 PM

184 posts, read 316,121 times
and the new ppl from jersey housewives live there.... whatever that means

Old 09-04-2014, 01:40 PM

113 posts, read 331,329 times
I would live in colts neck just so I can be closer to Delicious Orchards. Their pies and baked goods are to die for!

Old 09-07-2014, 08:39 PM

477 posts, read 800,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
1. You need to get out more.
2. You play an excellent victim. I bet you have been perfecting it for years.
I always question people like him. The other students were mean to over things he couldn't control. I bet they were mean to him due to his personality and he chooses to blame the shoes and clothes.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 2,171 times
We've lived in Colts Neck 10 years ago when my kids were toddlers. Truthfully, we love Colts Neck. Some relatives still live there (my aunt in fact had lived there for 46 years! until now, she's still there).

Old 09-10-2014, 02:09 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeDrone2014 View Post
I would live in colts neck just so I can be closer to Delicious Orchards. Their pies and baked goods are to die for!
I live 15 minutes or less from Delicious Orchards. I walk really fast past the baked goods section to get to the fruit!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:30 AM

113 posts, read 331,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I live 15 minutes or less from Delicious Orchards. I walk really fast past the baked goods section to get to the fruit!

There's a fruit section?

Old 09-11-2014, 07:34 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeDrone2014 View Post
There's a fruit section?
LOL! Vegetables, too! Crazy, huh?

Even if I don't need anything else, I go there specifically to get apples. I started eating a lot of apples a few years ago when I quit smoking, and then I continued after I gained weight from quitting smoking...they usually have Washington State apples, but the apple selection is always very good, not bruised, and cheaper than the supermarket.

However, the exception is this time of year when I go to Eastmont Orchards (also in Colt's Neck) and pick fresh Jersey apples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey