Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 AM

332 posts, read 528,920 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've regularly posted. Hopefully everybody keeps themselves warm because of this blizzard.

A few things I'm trying to figure out:

Back in the second week of December, I applied for the Customer Service Representative position at Bed, Bath & Beyond's East Service Center in Totowa up in Passaic County near Paterson. Right around this time, even though I plan to call Monday morning to be sure, they will start interviewing and hiring people.

Here's what I've planned to do if I get this job: move closer to where I work at in an apartment with a roommate if necessary to cut the cost of rent, preferably near public transportation because my second road test is not until March 6th. I've had an account on Sublet.com and for example, I found an apartment in which holds 5+ bedrooms and has 3 of them available. I'm a bit confused on that part because if it says $1150/month for rent, do we share that cost or is that what we pay individually?

Sublet.com is where I can find a cheap apartment not listed on other popular sites. If you have any other recommended sites, please let me know. But even if I don't have to go online, what are other ways that I can find a roommate or roommates willing to share some of the bills with me once I move in?

Expecting some good advice soon. If you're outside digging the snow, keep warm and stay safe!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 08:34 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times
On that website you may contact an owner about a rental or a roommate about a room for rent. What does it say? The only 5br I see in Passaic county is in Paterson. Not sure about the area. Get the job first. Good luck!

Old 01-21-2012, 10:19 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,422,252 times
Yes definitely get the job first- good luck.
I know people have differing luck with craigslist,-- you need to be somehwat cautious, but it is very heavily used so it's definitely worth a try. It's free and I know lots of people who have found housing and such using it.(just be somewhat cautious.......)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey