Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 09:09 AM

234 posts, read 882,513 times

Advertisements

African-Americans?

I use to live there, and most of them are in welfare. They are in welfare because the Purto Ricans think, "hey america took our country, so they better support us financially" and the African-American think "hey american make us slaves and treated us wrong, so they better take care of us financially".

I mean most of Newark, is filled with people who live off welfare and housing projects and most who live off these situations are the Purto Ricans and African-Americans. Who makes the pass look like trash and ghetto like.

It is so bad when you mention Newark to someone, a person first reaction is "oh now the ghetto", it's already has the reputation of being BAD.

I mean, I am not saying ALL Purto Ricans and African-Americans. For some do work, are educated, and like to live in a neat place. Take care of their neighborhood.
Not saying white people, are better. There are some white trash that living off welfare too and so on.

The point is that Newark is know to be ghetto, crackhead city, and etc.

Why? It is 2012 didn't things change for Newark?
Or is this reputation correct, that Newark is bad, full of crime and has bad schools.
It is not a place for a decent person.

Thank you and God bless.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:19 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
.................................................. ....................................

Old 01-29-2012, 09:21 AM

303 posts, read 919,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
African-Americans?

I use to live there, and most of them are in welfare. They are in welfare because the Purto Ricans think, "hey america took our country, so they better support us financially" and the African-American think "hey american make us slaves and treated us wrong, so they better take care of us financially".

I mean most of Newark, is filled with people who live off welfare and housing projects and most who live off these situations are the Purto Ricans and African-Americans. Who makes the pass look like trash and ghetto like.

It is so bad when you mention Newark to someone, a person first reaction is "oh now the ghetto", it's already has the reputation of being BAD.

I mean, I am not saying ALL Purto Ricans and African-Americans. For some do work, are educated, and like to live in a neat place. Take care of their neighborhood.
Not saying white people, are better. There are some white trash that living off welfare too and so on.

Or is this reputation correct, that Newark is bad, full of crime and has bad schools.

Thank you and God bless.
Its not about peurto ricans vs african-americans vs whites (is Nancy Pelosi peurto-rican?)... the fact is that the lower minded element will always be their in every socienty and theres nothing anyone can do about it. Jesus said the poor will always be here, and their all in Newark and Camden. Its not race its just the way humanity is. Govt. programs, obama care etc none of it helps and if anything promotes the poverty because theres less reason to leave these areas if u can get govt. handouts. Previous generations tried to climb out of the gutter becoz it was so bad, these days people think the gutter ain't so bad. Who's got it worst, some guy in a Freehold suburb paying $30K/ year IRS and $20K/yr real estate taxes working 8am to 7pm for a lousy boss - or the Freeloader in Newark with no job watching Oprah all day, paying no tax getting section 8, a caddilac Obamacare plan, free pre-K, food-stamps and a govt. check. So don't feel so bad for them in Newark they don't have it so bad.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:46 AM

11,339 posts, read 16,693,938 times
Maybe it's because Newark is a solid blue town and the people keep on voting the blue people back in thinking that they're going to help them...Guess What????

They haven't in the past, so why should things change for the future.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:15 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,623,997 times
I read your other posts, and I call BS on you. It's apparent to me that your a bit of a racist as well.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:05 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I read your other posts, and I call BS on you. It's apparent to me that you're a bit of a racist as well.
Really. Please don't move to NJ. We really don't need that crap here.

I call bs, too. First you are asking if various towns are OK to live in, including Newark, and now all of a sudden you know everything about the people who live there and can explain them away by their ethnicity? From Brazil?

Yeah, right. On top of all that, I have no respect for you for not keeping your posts straight. If you're going to pretend to be something or someone you aren't, at least remember your previous story lines.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,327,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
African-Americans?

Thank you and God bless.
Most people in Newark are renters and renters have no/little obligation to maintain the property. That is the LANDLORD'S responsibility and many fail to maintain THEIR properties well.

I mean, I know this is only one of several issues much of Newark faces, but wealthy landlords/slumlords living in other places are partly responsible too. Many feel that b/c their tenants are lower-income, they don't have to keep their property as nice as if it was an apartment in a wealthier area.

Just some food for thought.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:14 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,929,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPickle View Post
Its not about peurto ricans vs african-americans vs whites (is Nancy Pelosi peurto-rican?)...
Nancy Pelosi is Italian. Her maiden name is D'Alesandro. Both her father and brother served as Mayor of Baltimore:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_D'Alesandro,_Jr.

Thomas L. J. D'Alesandro III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: