Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:42 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpaws83 View Post
i got the ticket coming out of the tunnel, and the officer said it's no points. It says NYPD on the ticket and all the info says NY Motor Vehicle Comission.
DeusExMachina78 hit the nail on the head. You supposedly unbuckled your seat belt to pay the toll on the Jersey side of the tunnel. You then drove aprox. 1 1/2 miles through the tunnel into New York where you got stopped by a police officer (that you needed to make a comment about for doing his job) and he gave you a summons for no seat belt even though you had a 1 1/2 miles to put it back on. HMMMMM? My advise is don't pay it, maybe you'll get stopped in NY again, maybe not, but hopefully if you do get stopped in NY again there will be a warrant issued for your arrest because you failed to answer the summons. Then, I'm sure you'll have some choice words for the cop that locks you up. I'm sure sometime shortly after your sitting in the back of that patrol car you'll realize"MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE PAID THAT SUMMONS". My bet is that would never happen but it's good to think it would!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 01:43 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times
I forgot the little smile face, just my twisted humor

Old 01-30-2012, 03:44 PM

831 posts, read 2,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpaws83 View Post
In PA i had a few BS tickets i never paid and had no issues. Wondering if its the same way in ny

Who do you think you are? You can't just not pay.
Wouldn't be suprised if PA caught up with you years down the road when you least expect it.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:04 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Well in my book cops or police officers have absolutely no business regulating human movement. Who gave them that right?

But we all live with these laws and even such an extremely lawless place like NY or NYC, where they only have the laws of physics will make you pay MORE money if you don't pay it by whatever day they want their extortion money paid by.

So if you are contemplating not paying it because you don't have the $$ now,, consider they probably will want more $$ from you later.

Its illegal extortion, but they rule.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
On the other hand, I did luck out, once, but it was many years ago. Threw out a ticket I got in Manhattan, about 4 years later got caught in an illegal dishonest speed trap in Staten Island. When I went to court for that they mentioned I had a ticket in Manhattan I never took care of. Scheduled that, went to court in Manhattan, cop shows up and testifies it was over 4 years ago and he couldn't remember any details, judge dismissed it. But you can have a whole 'nother set of circumstances happen.. who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey