U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 9,345 times

Advertisements

Husband is considering a job in Red Bank. We are currently in Dallas, living a middle class life. Have four kids in private schools and our neighborhood is extremely family-friendly. I would like something like that near to where he would be working. What are some good areas? School quality and family life a priority.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 05:35 PM

70,915 posts, read 66,618,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmomof4 View Post
Husband is considering a job in Red Bank. We are currently in Dallas, living a middle class life. Have four kids in private schools and our neighborhood is extremely family-friendly. I would like something like that near to where he would be working. What are some good areas? School quality and family life a priority.
Give a budget and some details. You can use the questions in the sticky at the top of the page as a guide.

I live ten minutes from Red Bank and go there frequently for various reasons. Great town with a nice, old-fashioned downtown with shops and restaurants.

The area is nice geographically--near the ocean and bay, lots of parks, easy access to everything, including New York City.

There are a number of very family-oriented towns around Red Bank, again, depending upon your budget and what type of house you are looking for. If you aren't already aware of it, house prices and taxes are much higher than where you are.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:03 PM

164 posts, read 397,274 times
Red Bank in SW Jersey (near National Park, NJ) or in Monmouth County?
I am from the latter and it was a great small town 25 years ago. Also near some very nice areas such as Screwsbury, Navasink (sp.) (great river for sailing and crabbing too!), Middletown, Little Silver and Lincroft... wow lots of good memories of that town. Molly Pitcher inn was a dive though!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,771,148 times
Middletown is across the bridge and it is quite large, but the sections directly across from Red Bank are rather pricey. The further north you go on Rt 35 there the cheaper it gets. Highlands and Atlantic Highlands are also worth a look, great views on the Raritan Bay actually.

South of Red Bank, you have Shrewsbury and Tinton Falls. Shrewsbury is better, but more expensive. TF is not bad at all either and you are close to the Garden State Parkway and the highway portion of Rt 18. Also Ocean Township (Oakhurst/Wanamassa/Wayside) is worth looking at and the schools there are supposed to be excellent.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:00 PM

31,776 posts, read 36,098,108 times
holmdel isnt far from red bank. if you are interested in holmdel, tell us more about yourself so i can determine if you are holmdel material or not.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:49 AM

2,705 posts, read 7,727,826 times
It is a generally nice area, with areas ranging from middle class, almost rural, to very wealthy with stately mansions (Rumson, Little Silver, Navesink, etc). Red Bank itself has a fantastic downtown with some great restaurants and pubs. You are very close to the Atlantic Ocean and beaches, close to Sandy Hook Bay, and Navesink River, which is a gorgeous saltwater tidal basin popular with fishermen and boaters. There are also several ferries from the mouth of the bay directly to NYC, which is a GREAT way to get to the city for work or fun (it's about 40 minutes on the boat), and it cruises right past the Statue of Liberty. The only way to take visitors into the city!

If you give a budget, we can be of more help on specific areas.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:23 PM

70,915 posts, read 66,618,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
It is a generally nice area, with areas ranging from middle class, almost rural, to very wealthy with stately mansions (Rumson, Little Silver, Navesink, etc). Red Bank itself has a fantastic downtown with some great restaurants and pubs. You are very close to the Atlantic Ocean and beaches, close to Sandy Hook Bay, and Navesink River, which is a gorgeous saltwater tidal basin popular with fishermen and boaters. There are also several ferries from the mouth of the bay directly to NYC, which is a GREAT way to get to the city for work or fun (it's about 40 minutes on the boat), and it cruises right past the Statue of Liberty. The only way to take visitors into the city!

If you give a budget, we can be of more help on specific areas.
LOVE Red Bank's business district. I went there today to get my hair stuff at the salon where I get my hair cut, and I had to park on this little side street I was never on before. Found a nice little middle-eastern restaurant with gyros, babaganouj, falafel, lentil soup, etc. I'm going back there on Saturday for lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey