Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileybear View Post
great thread. I am also looking for an inexpensive starter home, close to train stations going to NYC, but not too north, since commuting to Philly is necessary too.
I appreciate any responses as well. thanks.
My location sounds like a match...Its 30minutes by car to Philly. And 1 block away from all transportation...Message me if your interested. I am willing to work out a price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 5,424 times
Are you looking at Active Adult 55+ housing?

ConsiderGranor Price Homes' Bensalem, Bucks County, Pennsylvania site -- The Villas at Chancellor's Glen as well as Gloucester County , New Jersey's Villas at Broadacres.

I prefer the later for pricing starting below 200k, but the taxes are lower in PA.

These highly flexible, award-winning designs, have been the talk of Bucks County , Pennsylvania , where Granor Price homes has built similar communities for active adults. Each home features single-level living with tremendous expansion possibilities, having a finished loft space that can be converted into an additional bedroom suite, as well as a guaranteed dry full basement and attached single car garage.

Gloucester Township, Camden County, New Jersey, New Homes

The Villas at Broadacres is a 55+ Active Adult community conveniently located in Gloucester Township , New Jersey . The community is just one block from Blackwood-Clementon Road and 1.5 miles from the Route 42 Expressway.

Granor Price Homes - Villas at Broadacres

Bensalem, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, New Homes

Granor Price Homes - RiverWalk at Royersford

In Bensalem Granor Price Homes offers unique housing for adults 55 and over, situated in a perfect location, convenient to major roads and shopping, and featuring an on-site community building with fitness center and indoor pool.

You can also get more info at:
Active Adult Home Granor Price Homes Pennsylvania and New Jersey in Penns Grove, New Jersey (broken link)
or
Granor Price Homes-Active Adult 55+ housing (broken link)

Bensalem, Bucks County, Pennsylvania 215.639.0500
Gloucester Township, New Jersey 856.227.5222.

The sales centers and furnished models are open 12 noon to 5pm 7 days a week.

Please tell them you saw Paul's post on City-Data.com. Thanks!

Paul B Schlimme, CRB, CMA
Licensed Broker
MLS Realty
MLSRealty
856.532.0796 x7781
609.420.4242 cell

Old 09-07-2007, 06:06 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelle View Post
thanx guys, umm I've found it easier to buy and less red tape. I could do a condo/townhouse with a yard a 1 or 2 bedr, something for 100-160k area is neg. I can put down 40k when isell my house here and I will look to work pt making about 300/wk (dont laugh I'm thrifty)
There's a house for me that will go for sheriffs sale on the 20th if they don't sell. The owner owes a little over $145k, not sure how low you could get them to go down. It's a cute 3 bedroom rancher with a fenced yard.

I really hate to see them lose the house. The mother died a few years ago, now the kids will not be able to stay in the house they were raised in. If you'd like to see the MLS link, pm me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njriverman View Post
Please tell them you saw Paul's post on City-Data.com. Thanks!

Paul B Schlimme, CRB, CMA
Licensed Broker
MLS Realty
MLSRealty
856.532.0796 x7781
609.420.4242 cell
You've posted the same thing 5 times. Do you get a commission if you help sell? Selling isn't allowed here, surprised no one pulled your posts yet.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,023 times
Default no such thing

NJ has gotten so expensive-everything is relative but after 20 years I am still in my starter home!

Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,826 times
I need to find a very inexpensive living environment. A small apartment or efficiency will do....i don't even need an actual bedroom. Just need a bathroom and some sort of kitchen. I am looking in the sussex, morris, hunterdon, somerset, passaic counties preferably.
Any help or suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated! I need this asap!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:49 AM

88,546 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernmom2 View Post
I need to find a very inexpensive living environment. A small apartment or efficiency will do....i don't even need an actual bedroom. Just need a bathroom and some sort of kitchen. I am looking in the sussex, morris, hunterdon, somerset, passaic counties preferably.
Any help or suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated! I need this asap!
Please provide the answers to the questions in the Sticky at the top of the page. No one can guess what you consider a "very inexpensive living environment".

Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,978,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Please provide the answers to the questions in the Sticky at the top of the page. No one can guess what you consider a "very inexpensive living environment".

... and put it all in a NEW post, otherwise people will start answering the original 2007 post.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,697,527 times
Wow, even though tis thread is from 2007, I'm actually shocked that someone wanted to buy a starter home.

Unlike people today who want their first home to be a 4-5 bedroom center hall colonial with low taxes, great school system and close to NYC.

Pretty much Utopia, NJ 08801
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey