Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Lakewood, NJ
1,171 posts, read 2,682,585 times
Reputation: 765

Advertisements

Make the sample the FIRST one in the morning after he wakes up. The urine is much more concentrated so even if he is drinking a lot of fluids or taking diuretics it may still have enough to test positive. The teas and such people try are essentially diuretics that just make them pee a lot, dilute the urine and may get the drug out of their system a little faster but not instantly. I'd do it on a Sunday or Monday morning since he is most likely to use on the weekend partying with friends. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
 
1,437 posts, read 2,572,527 times
Reputation: 1190
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Our son is 18......dr wouldn't give me script because our son is 18......Our son agreed to the drug test and went with my husband to get script.....Well my son has "left' me his urine sample in cup......HMMMM........Of course I am going to discard it and start over.........Does anyone out there know what kids DO to cover up drug in tests.......Thanks

Others have mentioned ways to fool a drug test. Chances are he is using. But some drugs dont show up in a standard test( ie LSD).

Is he really messing up his life or just partying w friends? Some kids can grow out of drugs or be functional. If it is on medical record it will be there forever which might effect his future job potential.

And what if its just alcohol? It is water soluble so it is out of the body within a few hours. If the kid is smoking pot or drinking scotch the end result can be the same for him... drugs are illegal so it can be more of a LEGAL issue for him. But on a personal level it doesnt make much difference if he wacked out on drugs or weed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2012, 04:01 PM
 
Location: A coal patch in Pennsyltucky
10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Reputation: 12705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The most likely thing is use a clean sample that he gets from someone else (they check temperature when done at labs) or dilution (drinking massive quantities of water to dilute the drug residue so that it registers as negative). Check the color for that, although he might take B vitamins to make it dark yellow again. If you want to make sure, get his sample first thing in the morning, and have your hubby be in the bathroom with him.
vitamin B2 will make urine bright yellow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Elsewhere
88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Reputation: 115110
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
Others have mentioned ways to fool a drug test. Chances are he is using. But some drugs dont show up in a standard test( ie LSD).

Is he really messing up his life or just partying w friends? Some kids can grow out of drugs or be functional. If it is on medical record it will be there forever which might effect his future job potential.

And what if its just alcohol? It is water soluble so it is out of the body within a few hours. If the kid is smoking pot or drinking scotch the end result can be the same for him... drugs are illegal so it can be more of a LEGAL issue for him. But on a personal level it doesnt make much difference if he wacked out on drugs or weed.
Alcohol is kind of hard to hide, though. You can smell it on anyone who has been drinking. The OP must have a reason to suspect drug use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
 
2,535 posts, read 6,667,644 times
Reputation: 1603
Do the hair test...the pee test is intrusive and unreliable. Here are some ways to beat a pee test...

1.) herbal supplements like golden seal or detoxify brand ready clean
2.) the only 2 additives that really work are powdered bleach(unscented) and klear, so make sure that whatever testing service you are using is testing for these additives
3.) The 3rd additive is water...either by drinking a ton of it the day before or adding it directly into the sample.
4.)using someone else's pee

If you are using one of the do it yourself kits any of the above will probably beat it.

Hair testing kits are available at Walgreens for $60. Grab a piece out of a comb or a pillow and send it off to the lab. The brand is "hair confirm". Not to mention if you happen to be wrong this keeps your suspicion a secret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Lakewood, NJ
1,171 posts, read 2,682,585 times
Reputation: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
Do the hair test...the pee test is intrusive and unreliable. Here are some ways to beat a pee test...

1.) herbal supplements like golden seal or detoxify brand ready clean
2.) the only 2 additives that really work are powdered bleach(unscented) and klear, so make sure that whatever testing service you are using is testing for these additives
3.) The 3rd additive is water...either by drinking a ton of it the day before or adding it directly into the sample.
4.)using someone else's pee

If you are using one of the do it yourself kits any of the above will probably beat it.

Hair testing kits are available at Walgreens for $60. Grab a piece out of a comb or a pillow and send it off to the lab. The brand is "hair confirm". Not to mention if you happen to be wrong this keeps your suspicion a secret.
Don't you need the root of the hair follicle for those tests? I think you have to directly pluck a few directly from the head. A comb won't work as there may be broken hairs in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2012, 03:16 PM
 
50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Reputation: 76590
No, I had a hair test before I worked in a school district and they didn't pull any hair out, they cut an inch or so from an unobtrusive place, maybe underneath I don't quite remember that detail. In fact, I think they have a limit on how much they can legally cut (as they are allowed to go back and "look" only so far, and root hair would be older than the limit)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 PM
 
Location: NJ & NV
5,773 posts, read 16,588,795 times
Reputation: 2475
Ah how times change,,, you are all talking about "mother nature" not any drug

and remember if you make him do drug testing, he may have to do a bit of studying for that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2014, 05:26 PM
 
1,031 posts, read 639,031 times
Reputation: 289
as a highschool coach I learned that kids that use and get busted on drug tests quickly learn to turn to synthetic drugs like bathsalts and chemical marijuana or even turn to huffing paint and Nitrous oxide because they wont show up on drug tests.

The only way to raise your children is to set a good example and become their friend rather than treat them like a parolee, try that and they will hate you and turn to the streets for advice.

its a sad fact that in every family there is an addict, by supporting them and communicating like a friend not an authority figure they are more likely to admit that they are experimenting with mind altering substances rather than forcing them to pee in a cup.

Our generation and all other American generations before this one did not fall apart because they were drug addicts running amok even though we were never drug tested growing up, how is that possible? american society is falling apart and its not dr Dre's fault.

I hope your son understands your fears and does not ask his friends how to beat future drug tests because they know its possible by huffing Nitrous oxide and gold paint and buying synthetic drugs online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2014, 11:05 AM
 
1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times
Reputation: 2179
Default The onlyintelligent post in this entire thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
as a highschool coach I learned that kids that use and get busted on drug tests quickly learn to turn to synthetic drugs like bathsalts and chemical marijuana or even turn to huffing paint and Nitrous oxide because they wont show up on drug tests.

The only way to raise your children is to set a good example and become their friend rather than treat them like a parolee, try that and they will hate you and turn to the streets for advice.

its a sad fact that in every family there is an addict, by supporting them and communicating like a friend not an authority figure they are more likely to admit that they are experimenting with mind altering substances rather than forcing them to pee in a cup.

Our generation and all other American generations before this one did not fall apart because they were drug addicts running amok even though we were never drug tested growing up, how is that possible? american society is falling apart and its not dr Dre's fault.

I hope your son understands your fears and does not ask his friends how to beat future drug tests because they know its possible by huffing Nitrous oxide and gold paint and buying synthetic drugs online.
Bravo! Someone finally gets it on this thread. Thanks for adding a sane persepective to this conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top