Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
If they are on the cell phone then they are wrong. If they are on the police radio it's perfectly legal.
I wouldn't buy the police officer's daughter story for a nickle.
As far as hanging out in a restaurant when assigned to foot patrol, you just don't have a clue.
Cops are fully allowed to be on cell phones while driving. It is written into the NJ law that they are exempt from the restrictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Cops are fully allowed to be on cell phones while driving. It is written into the NJ law that they are exempt from the restrictions.
I've been out for a while. If that's true than I stand corrected. Can you quote what law cites the exemption.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 AM

531 posts, read 2,898,606 times
Quote:
Read the whole thread.
I did. Still don't know. If I'm married to a cop, why do I need one of these?

Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
From personal experience, as someone who has had MD plates for the past 10 years or so, the cops rarely even pull me over with the plates. They usually just drive up next to me and give me the slow down signal. But like others have said, it varies depending on the cop. There have been a couple that have pulled me over over the years, and I have gotten 1 ticket in the past 10 years. I don't lie to the cops though. I find I am much better off telling them the truth. Ironically, I have been let off the hook by telling the cop I was speeding to make a 9 AM tee time, and the time I got the ticket, I actually WAS on my way to an emergency. He wrote the ticket for careless driving instead of speeding so I at least could pay to not get points deducted from my license.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:17 PM

860 posts, read 1,336,410 times
Quote:
If they are on the cell phone then they are wrong. If they are on the police radio it's perfectly legal.
I wouldn't buy the police officer's daughter story for a nickle.
As far as hanging out in a restaurant when assigned to foot patrol, you just don't have a clue.

I'm not lying, but that's ok if you want to assume I am.

And I know what I see, and that's all the cops spending their nights at the local diner.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
Quote:
all the cops spending their nights at the local diner.
Glad to see you have no life and spent what free time you have outside a diner checking on the clientèle. So is this EVERY diner or one in particular. I'm guessing you check them in and out to keep track.

Or maybe it's the only diner and is popular with the services as if the norm in MOST towns.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:33 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,681,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Glad to see you have no life and spent what free time you have outside a diner checking on the clientèle. So is this EVERY diner or one in particular. I'm guessing you check them in and out to keep track.

Or maybe it's the only diner and is popular with the services as if the norm in MOST towns.
And it's not like police officers get a break or anything while on duty. I mean stopping in a diner and grabbing a cup of coffee or a bite to eat MUST be illegal!

Old 07-02-2015, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 4,210 times
im selling my fop shield if interested please email me at: [email]elmasry17@aol.com[/email]

Old 07-02-2015, 12:11 PM

3 posts, read 4,210 times
I have fop gold shield that i would like to sell, if interested you can email me at: [email]elmasry17@aol.com[/email]

Old 07-02-2015, 09:18 PM

414 posts, read 296,225 times
I buy some of the gold Mylar special occasion balloons at the dollar store and wrap a piece around a cardboard form. These work pretty well during my high-speed runs over to Bristol to pick up some fireworks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey