Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 8,543 times

Advertisements

Considering a move to Woodcliff Lake or Park Ridge. What is the parking like at those respective stations? I see that both towns sell parking passes but do the lots fill up early? The number of spaces at the stations don't seem like a lot compared to others along the line. I would most likely take a train around 8 am. Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 11:29 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
Woodcliff lake station, first of all, has a much less frequent schedule in terms of times when the train stops.

My understanding of the passes thing is it's REALLY hard to get, i.e. don't consider it an option.

Frankly, you could be a d!*k and park at the end of the Shop Rite's praking lot, the one technically in Hillsdale, and walk to the Woodcliff Lake station. I don't know if you would get away with this if you did it regularly, but you could definitely do it without really taking up anything that's truly scarce - no one parks far away from a supermarket when they go shopping, and those outer spaces never get used.

Why don't you just consider walking? make sure what you buy is in walking distance

There's a nice lot in Park Ridge on Kinderkamack that's within walking distance of the Park Ridge train station. Want a custom house? Go for that. There's actually a builder that I know of that's not two blocks from that lot, so they'd probably be very game and could easily oversee things

Park Ridge has daily train parking, with a new electronic centralized meter thingy where you pay at the one spot by entering your space number. It does seem like to me that there are a few spots every day throughout the day available for a typical workday

Old 02-07-2012, 11:32 AM

There's also a professional office/homeowner resident lot in downtown Hillsdale, which is basically the same area. I mention it because, by the sounds of it, since you're looking for the train, but up in further Park Ridge/Woodcliff Lake, you may be a professional who needs to go into the city only a few times a week, like a lawyer or something

Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 AM

oh and the Park Ridge, Woodcliff Lake, And Hillsdale stations have these houses/buildings that you can stay in while waiting for a train/bus, which is pretty cool

Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 AM

3 posts, read 8,543 times
Thanks for the tips, I'll keep it all in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey