Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM

292 posts, read 718,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
i think christie does a better job at making it look like he's doing his job compared to someone like corzine.
With a projected surplus and 60,000 private sector jobs, Christie has evidence to point to proving his accomplishments. Corzine had zip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 06:32 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartone View Post
With a projected surplus and 60,000 private sector jobs, Christie has evidence to point to proving his accomplishments. Corzine had zip.
Stop drinking the cool aid. Where has my taxes gone down. Property taxes up 800 bucks do to a lack of municipal aid and school aid and our town cut drasctically. WE have the highest unemployment rate in the area at at least 9 percent. I will say i'll give christie the edge over corzine, but he's far from the messiah he plays a smoke and mirrors game like whitman did. Instead of traveling the country i'd like to see a governor THAT CUTS my property taxes. By him not sending money to the towns this does not help and that stupid 10% income tax cut gimmick, so he could say i cut taxes. His ink is still wet from signing the PA toll increases and sending the busload of over 50 people up there for little or no show jobs that pay about 100K and up a year.Throw in that we now own the distinction of the state with the 2nd highest amount of foreclosures and you should be thrilled about how great the current governor is doing.

Last edited by JERSEY MAN; 02-13-2012 at 06:43 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 07:39 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,718 times
Whoever (correction whatever, I wanted to include animals and inanimate objects) is NOT Corzine is who is better. Personally, I kinda like Christie, but think he could go about certain things better. To be honest, the real problem so far has been the heads of the teacher's union screwing the state. So far, Christie hasn't really disappointed me yet, I'm curious to see who the democrats will run, but probably won't vote for a dem since the democrats of this state seem to be incredibly corrupt.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:44 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,591 times
I don't like either....

"It's None Of Your Business"

-
Chris Christie

Old 02-14-2012, 11:00 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartone View Post
Republicans have a better track record of getting things done in general actually. The reason is so much of what democrats propose is not popular because it fails. Between Christie and Corzine, its not even close. Jon Corzine raised taxes, increased deficits, and had unions in his pocket. Christie has cut taxes, cut spending, reformed pensions, and increased choice in education. New Jersey has gone from Corzine deficits to a projected Christie surplus. 60,000 private sector jobs have been added. It's not even a close call, Christie is a reformer and Corzine a criminal, a moron, and out of touch.

I believe you need to go back and review Christine Todd Whitmans record before making this type of statement. We're now feeling the effects of the shell game played by the former Governor. As far as a surplus, thats like having $5K in your checking account knowing full well you need to send a check to your creditors for $50K. How much is NJ behind on their pension payment?

Old 02-16-2012, 05:07 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Wait, Obama gets 4 full years to blame the previous president for the state of our nation and the governor gets none????

Personally, I like Christie. He's the only one that has had the guts to tell the truth about how dire our situation as a state is and what pains it will take to improve it.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 PM

607 posts, read 958,135 times
For real comic relief, the OP could have included this winner -

Old 02-17-2012, 03:33 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I believe you need to go back and review Christine Todd Whitmans record before making this type of statement. We're now feeling the effects of the shell game played by the former Governor. As far as a surplus, thats like having $5K in your checking account knowing full well you need to send a check to your creditors for $50K. How much is NJ behind on their pension payment?
I agree with you, Whitman, McGreevey and Corzine were total disasters when it came governing and changing the way NJ does business.

Such a shame given all of the financial resources NJ's political apparatus has to play with.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:25 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I agree with you, Whitman, McGreevey and Corzine were total disasters when it came governing and changing the way NJ does business.

Such a shame given all of the financial resources NJ's political apparatus has to play with.

no actually McGreevy was kind of effective. If not for the stupidity of hiring his lover, we wouldn't have had to deal with Corzine.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,797 times
I think people underestimate the damage that Corzine did to NJ. Christie has a big mouth and he's entertaining to watch. While most Jersey people probably are embarrassed by him, think again. People from other states LOVE this guy. He's practically a youtube sensation. Especially after 3 years of having an ineffective, flip flopping, union postering spending machine in the executive -- Christie is a breath of fresh air. Not going to say I agree with everything he's done, but he's got some balls (albeit, fat balls.) Perhaps Romney will pick Christie as his VP?

However ask any democrat from NJ and they'll give you a mouthful of criticisms for Christie -- but that's because NJ democrats are extremely partisan and will do anything to poop all over any republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: