U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:55 PM

6,966 posts, read 19,261,432 times

Advertisements

one's fatter by 200 lbs
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 AM

3,270 posts, read 1,969,612 times
Is this thread a joke? I'm sure it is but Christy has been probably the most effective governor for NJ in modern history. My pockets were bleeding by staying in the state and I knew it was going to get worse. Then Christy was elected and he has changed a lot of things and yes there is a lot more work to be done. I was actually very close to moving out of state because the taxes are ridiculous, however i'm contemplating staying in state now depending on what else can be done to eliminate the waste and teachers unions.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 AM

5,713 posts, read 11,542,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Is this thread a joke? I'm sure it is but Christy has been probably the most effective governor for NJ in modern history. My pockets were bleeding by staying in the state and I knew it was going to get worse. Then Christy was elected and he has changed a lot of things and yes there is a lot more work to be done. I was actually very close to moving out of state because the taxes are ridiculous, however i'm contemplating staying in state now depending on what else can be done to eliminate the waste and teachers unions.
I'm glad to see your pockets aren't bleeding anymore. Mine, still are. Property taxes went up over 13% last year in Ocean County. Great job Christie. Keep up the good work, I get it now, less money to towns and schools and than you funnel the money back to the ultra rich in a phony income tax cut. Gotta love it, He's putting feathers in his cap for a national run while seniors and middle class folks suffer.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:36 AM

17,644 posts, read 17,138,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'm glad to see your pockets aren't bleeding anymore. Mine, still are. Property taxes went up over 13% last year in Ocean County. Great job Christie. Keep up the good work, I get it now, less money to towns and schools and than you funnel the money back to the ultra rich in a phony income tax cut. Gotta love it, He's putting feathers in his cap for a national run while seniors and middle class folks suffer.
The fact that the state has all of this money to re-distribute to the more politically powerful localities says that the state is taking too much money from it's citizens in the first place.

No Governor is ever going to fix that and the Senate and Assembly will never give up billions of dollars they get to re-distribute as they see fit.

That's why many rural and suburban areas see cuts in what the state decides to give back to them after taking it from them in the first place.

Great system, huh?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Default That's why many rural and suburban areas see cuts in what the state decides to give back to them after taking it from th

The #1 reason is this BS abbott funding scam, NJ supreme court dictates to the state to give more money to the urban districts and us middle class suckers get less. i should move back to the city, maybe i'll feel like i'm being raped less.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:50 AM

68 posts, read 85,829 times
Corzine is a clown and so is the OP if he/she thinks Corzine was any good at anything other than bankrupting everything he touched
Might be a nice 'guy next door' but i never liked the bearded bastard's politics.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,174,148 times
Blame your town for tax increases on property. They got less and needed to learn to manage but refused to do so. Therefor, they increased your taxes instead of cutting waste.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:24 AM

44 posts, read 68,675 times
another Democratic governor? really? we want to go back to them again? Thye have all proven they can so such a good job. However, I will say the republicans aren't much better. The state is and will always be corrupt and we never have good politicians. I will say, while I think Christie is a jerk as a person, he has done the best job in 30 years.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Blame your town for tax increases on property. They got less and needed to learn to manage but refused to do so. Therefor, they increased your taxes instead of cutting waste.
I don't know if this was directed at me but i'll respond anyway. All towns in Ocean County averaged a total of a 13.4% property tax increase as a total. We cut garbage collections, layoffs at schools, police at 20 year lows, courts closed to every other week and so on and so forth. We cut drastically and the taxes still went up. #1 reason in my view was less aid to the schools and towns. So it's easy to say blame your town. The governor doesn't get a free pass on this. It's like bringing your car to the shop, you need brakes and tires. So you can only afford the breaks and hope your tires don't blow when your on the highway. Christie is a shot of fresh air but he is far from fixing the#1 problem of property taxes. He talks a good game but the results are not there.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,174,148 times
I can't remember if it was aimed at you or not. I know in my area there is so much that can be done to reduce waste. The politicians just won't do it.
Sounds like your towns are trying.
I say give him time. He will try to fix that too. You're right he is a breath of fresh air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: