U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 02:04 PM

11 posts, read 15,492 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am moving from Stamford, CT. I am looking for for a 1-2 BR apartment near South Plainfield. Now there are some conditions I cannot sign a lease I am ready to give a few bucks each month extra for that. The aptt. should be in 10-20 miles radius from south plainfield and should be a easy commute to NY as well. I need it in safe area I don't have kids so don't care about the school district. It should also have easy commute to Parsipanny. Can anyone suggest a 1 or a 2 bedroom aptt or atleast tell me which area should I start looking in.
Currently I am getting something in Elizabeth, NJ(Wilder Manor on Wilder Street). Is it a safe area to live in? Are those aptt. any good?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 02:11 PM

572 posts, read 1,874,833 times
Why can you not sign a lease? There are very few landlords that will rent to someone who refuses to sign a lease even if it is a month to month lease. Also, just an FYI that in the state of NJ, if there is no signed lease present you arr automatically looked at as a month to month tenant and all the laws apply including the notice requirements.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM

11 posts, read 15,492 times
I am a contractor so there is no job guarantee I might have to move to another state, currently the contract is for 6 months but you never know in this economy. I don't mind a month to month lease and will give a 30 month notice period as I will get a notice from my employer in case he wants to lay me off.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM

572 posts, read 1,874,833 times
Good luck in your search. You are definitely better off trying to find a private rental vs. a management company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey