Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:24 AM

224 posts, read 947,076 times

Advertisements

My daughter has a dance competition in Wildwood in July and we "have" to be there for at least four days. I have never been to NJ (except for airports, bus changes, and the like) so I have no clue about the area. Can anyone recommend decent accommodations in the area? We'll have our car with us. The dance studio has reserved a block of 25 rooms in the Admiral Resort Motel--is that place okay? We might not be able to get a room there anyway since there are 50 kids on the dance team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 12:04 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,091,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nonny Mouse View Post
My daughter has a dance competition in Wildwood in July and we "have" to be there for at least four days. I have never been to NJ (except for airports, bus changes, and the like) so I have no clue about the area. Can anyone recommend decent accommodations in the area? We'll have our car with us. The dance studio has reserved a block of 25 rooms in the Admiral Resort Motel--is that place okay? We might not be able to get a room there anyway since there are 50 kids on the dance team.
Since the group has rooms, I'd suggest you try to grab one now. They've probably got the best rate for your group. July is high season for Wildwood and the hotels/motels fill up fast. Without advanced reservations, you may end up with nothing. Furthermore, for summer weekends, many places will only rent out the 3-day weekend (no single nights).

If not, here's a website with other possibilities:
Wildwood Accommodations, Jersey Shore hotels

Keep in mind that hotels/motels in Wildwood are not your run-of-the-mill Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, etc. So don't expect generic, spotless decor and 100% of amenities such as coffee, irons, etc. Many/most are privately owned. They have the largest collection of Doo Wop hotels/motels so you'll definitely experience the mid-century modern and vintage vibe. You may feel like you're caught in a time-warp!

Wildwood's beach is awesome (huge) and the boardwalk (huge) with all the rides, games, malls are great. They have great boardwalk food including some of the best pizza ever! Be sure to bring home some souvenirs like salt water taffy, candy apples, or their homemade fudge! Have fun!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Wildowood is a fun place. But it can be a bit noisy and crowded. We've stayed just south in Wildwood Crest which is much quierter but just a short drive to the main area. We like the Port Royal hotel.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:21 PM

819 posts, read 3,208,407 times
I stayed at the Blue Palms back in 2009, loved the retro feel of it. I got a great rate and it was right off the beach

Morey's Piers Resorts - Home

Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Agree with getting that reserved room, it probably is the best rate. The Admiral is fine, not high end, a no-frills motel, typical of Wildwood Crest. You are further from the Convention Center (I assume this is where the competition is) than most WW Crest hotels however. There's nothing really "high end" in WW, the closest hotel to that "vibe" I think would be the Pan American.

In Wildwood proper, we stay at the Riviera - again, no frills, but this place is SPOTLESS and the location can't be beat. The price for the area isn't bad either.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotAllen View Post
I stayed at the Blue Palms back in 2009, loved the retro feel of it. I got a great rate and it was right off the beach

This one looks awesome. I love mid century/retro stuff.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:30 PM

I gave everyone rep points! Thanks again so much for the help. I looked at all the hotels mentioned and ended up booking the Blue Palms. It's a bit more than the dance hotel but not too bad considering I got a suite.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:47 PM

819 posts, read 3,208,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nonny Mouse View Post
I gave everyone rep points! Thanks again so much for the help. I looked at all the hotels mentioned and ended up booking the Blue Palms. It's a bit more than the dance hotel but not too bad considering I got a suite.

Glad I was able to help

Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,475 times
Wildwood is chock full of motels and inns. Book quick because July is a busy time since it's right on the beach

Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,091,820 times
If you like the Doo Wop style, check out the Star Lux. It is stunning:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey