Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:28 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times

Advertisements

It's always annoying to read negative comments when there is no basis for them. Some people just like to complain and will do so no matter what. Most times people who like something stay quiet, while those that hate, are more vocal. Probably just the nature of message boards. I try to be honest and accurate. I give my opinion, but that's all it is. Take it with a grain of salt, and decide for yourself. People would be happier if they tried to see the positive, but some like to dwell on the negative. If they don't like NJ, there's 49 other states!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times
Cool You missed some things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
njkate, apparently the home I'm currently purchasing is a crack-infested trailer in the worst sections of Plainfield, plagued by nightly gunshots, $2 million a year in taxes, hardcore gang violence, and, in all likelihood, an outbreak of typhoid. This is despite the fact that its a two story colonial in hunterdon county, with a reasonable tax rate, and a bit of work to do on the home - all because I'm not paying $5 million for a house.

I would say its because they are bored, want to believe that NJ is so criminally expensive that noone could possibly own a home, and want to see their name somewhere on the internet.
You forgot to mention that you will most likely get run over by a NJ Hummer.

And living in NJ will kill you. Somehow. LOL

And you'll most likely try to keep up with the Joneses while ignoring your kids. LOL

And you'll live in debt. Max out your credit cars and lease a Hummer of your own to drive your kids that your ignore to the sterile Mall Pods while yammering on your cell phone....ROTFLMAO !!!

But you will have the last laugh

Old 09-11-2007, 02:12 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post

And you'll most likely try to keep up with the Joneses while ignoring your kids. LOL

And you'll live in debt. Max out your credit cars and lease a Hummer of your own to drive your kids that your ignore to the sterile Mall Pods while yammering on your cell phone....ROTFLMAO !!!

LOL - don't forget it will cost you $45K a year to insure said Hummer.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:15 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post

And that Hummer will most likely be driven by a former Staten Island or Brooklyn resident who is in debt!

Old 09-11-2007, 02:19 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times
LOL you guys are baaaaaad.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:23 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times
The country states are jealous of us because they wished they could be close to NYC, and be city people

They cannot do anything else except bash us

Old 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
Since the beginning of this forum, people have come on here and bash NJ. There's a few of us still on here that have been reading it and defending or at least trying to be positive instead negative. There are other state forums that do the same but I agree that it's annoying when people move and then come on this board and go on and on about horrible NJ is. It's like an ex-smoker that can't take the smell after they quit. It was ok to spread the smell when they did it but now that they quit, they want to just complain about everyone else doing it.

People should at least have enough respect for the fact that some people love NJ, want to live in NJ or can't move from NJ. Why make anyone feel bad?

I've lived in three different states but have been to many and every state has it's pros & cons. I miss NJ and if I could afford to live where I did and have what I have now, I would have stayed. Everyone knows it's expensive, about the corruption etc...but with the expense of living in NJ, there are things you can get there you can't get somewhere else.

If someone moves, then move on with your life and stop bashing NJ. Go on your new states board and say the positive things about your new state if you love it so much. Life's too short.

For the people that have never been here and bash NJ, get a life because you don't have a clue. Don't you have something better to do with your time?

Old 09-11-2007, 05:01 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
well said Rapture!

Old 09-11-2007, 05:16 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,616 times
I would give rapture a rep point but you know us Jersey trash. We are too rude for that. hahaha

Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,191,594 times
Rapture...you the man (woman?) !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey