Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:47 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times

Advertisements

How many of you regulars jump around on this forum?
How many read all the disparaging comments regarding NJ??

How many of you get really pizzed off, especially if the comments are by fellow or ex fellow Jerseans??? Ok fine maybe they didn't it like it here for one reason or another or are ticking off the days until they leave, BUT there are many who do like it here and for many reasons!!

I mean what is up with this....sure we aren't perfect but I like it here and sometimes have to let my response "sit" for a few minutes before I hit the submit button...good thing I do or I'd be in hot water for sure with the mods as I just want to BLAST these nay sayers and defend my state

Old 09-11-2007, 09:52 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,025,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
How many of you regulars jump around on this forum?
How many read all the disparaging comments regarding NJ??

How many of you get really pizzed off, especially if the comments are by fellow or ex fellow Jerseans??? Ok fine maybe they didn't it like it here for one reason or another or are ticking off the days until they leave, BUT there are many who do like it here and for many reasons!!

I mean what is up with this....sure we aren't perfect but I like it here and sometimes have to let my response "sit" for a few minutes before I hit the submit button...good thing I do or I'd be in hot water for sure with the mods as I just want to BLAST these nay sayers and defend my state
I've seen plenty of nasty comments regarding other states too. People who have moved somewhere, had a bad time. It's all subjective.

I commend you on your loyalty though.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:05 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
They do it in the Florida forums also

Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
I'm a born and raised Jerseyan. Been here all 33 years of my life. There are things I love about our state and there are things I hate about it. I'm afraid to move because of who and what I'll miss, I can't wait to leave because there are too many people here and it sucks sometimes. It's a love/hate thing. Everyone feels that way about someplace. I could understand you getting offended when other people knock us as a whole because no, we're not all bad or obnoxious. But I've bounced around this forum so much and have had so many opinions that I've probably even contradicted myself.

No place is perfect and people will knock it. That's life.

But I agree, it's a loyalty thing, I've done it myself and do it sometimes; it's like being mad at your mom when you're a teen. You can say what you want about her, but if someone else says something about her, you'd beat them up.

Don't take offense, you know there's worse places and people than here

Old 09-11-2007, 10:12 AM

311 posts, read 1,376,696 times
I've seen a lot of state bashing on the other forums as well. It seems that no matter where you go, there will be someone who hates it and thinks it's the worst place on Earth. NJ, like any other place, has it's share of problems and also has many good things as well. If someone really hates it that much, they might as well leave.

You also see comments that are obviously ill-informed. Either the person has never been to the state, or they have only been to Newark or Jersey City and conclude (erronously) that the entire state must be like that. I do get annoyed when someone makes it sound like the state is one big cesspool and you must be crazy to live there. In actuality, there are many beautiful areas of NJ, Sussex County being one of them. Other states also have problems that NJ does not have.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I'm a born and raised Jerseyan. Been here all 33 years of my life. There are things I love about our state and there are things I hate about it. I'm afraid to move because of who and what I'll miss, I can't wait to leave because there are too many people here and it sucks. So what's your point? It's a love/hate thing. Everyone feels that way about someplace. I could understand you getting offended when other people knock us as a whole because no, we're not all bad or obnoxious. But I've bounced around this forum so much and have had so many opinions that I've probably even contradicted myself.

No place is perfect and people will knock it. That's life.
My point..........Just asking if it sometimes annoyed anyone else..and yes I meant Nj as a whole including us the people who live here

Old 09-11-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
I've seen a lot of state bashing on the other forums as well. It seems that no matter where you go, there will be someone who hates it and thinks it's the worst place on Earth. NJ, like any other place, has it's share of problems and also has many good things as well. If someone really hates it that much, they might as well leave.

You also see comments that are obviously ill-informed. Either the person has never been to the state, or they have only been to Newark or Jersey City and conclude (erronously) that the entire state must be like that. I do get annoyed when someone makes it sound like the state is one big cesspool and you must be crazy to live there. In actuality, there are many beautiful areas of NJ, Sussex County being one of them. Other states also have problems that NJ does not have.
Yes, I agree!! Especially the ones who have only been to NJ via a travel through on the NJ turnpike. Shhhhhh....keep sussex a secret

Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
They do it in the Florida forums also
What bash Florida?? Natives or transplants?

Old 09-11-2007, 10:18 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
My point..........Just asking if it sometimes annoyed anyone else..and yes I meant Nj as a whole including us the people who live here
Don't take offense...and I wasn't done typing, oops, my boss walked by so i hit send instead of narrowing my window

Old 09-11-2007, 10:25 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,669,512 times
njkate, apparently the home I'm currently purchasing is a crack-infested trailer in the worst sections of Plainfield, plagued by nightly gunshots, $2 million a year in taxes, hardcore gang violence, and, in all likelihood, an outbreak of typhoid. This is despite the fact that its a two story colonial in hunterdon county, with a reasonable tax rate, and a bit of work to do on the home - all because I'm not paying $5 million for a house.

I would say its because they are bored, want to believe that NJ is so criminally expensive that noone could possibly own a home, and want to see their name somewhere on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey