U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,682,142 times

Advertisements

What is so darn hard about understanding the "Keep right except to pass" law????? Yes, I know you're not supposed to speed, but if you're in the left lane and you see somebody coming up behind you and you can get over into the middle lane (where, incidently, they are passing YOU) GET OVER AND LET THE PERSON PASS YOU!!! It is absolutely infuriating!!!!

Thank you-I feel a little better now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 AM

12,285 posts, read 33,873,704 times
LOL - I find this everywhere in the US. Only place where "keep right except pass" is like religion is the Autobahn in Germany. I was warned they take it seriously, and it's true, and it makes for a pleasant driving experience!

Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 AM

19,289 posts, read 27,308,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
What is so darn hard about understanding the "Keep right except to pass" law????? Yes, I know you're not supposed to speed, but if you're in the left lane and you see somebody coming up behind you and you can get over into the middle lane (where, incidently, they are passing YOU) GET OVER AND LET THE PERSON PASS YOU!!! It is absolutely infuriating!!!!

AMEN!! Not sure what's worst though, that or the rubber-necking when people just have to look at a fender bender.

Hubby drives a tractor trailer, I can't tell you how many times he's vented about slow truck drivers in the left lane that refuse to move to the right.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:58 AM

8,548 posts, read 18,870,565 times
Tahiti is absolutely correct IMO. I thought these driving maladies were exclusive to highly urbanized areas, however, the perpetrators of these actions are even more pronounced out here in rural areas of New Mexico, for instance, stretches of I-25 and I-10. However, the worst situation is here there are only 2 lanes in almost every area, except for downtown Albuquerque, and what's even more potentially dangerous is when there is slow motorist in the right lane, and one of these long-haul truckers, in attempt to pass the vehicle, will suddenly lurch into the left lane, but can not accelerate at the rate of cars. If there is a fast motorist in the left lane going 90-95 mph (which is more common and possible here) you have a recipe for instant disaster.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:12 PM

991 posts, read 2,682,678 times
In general I can't complaine about the turnpike. It a well taken care of roadway. Plenty of electronic advisory signs. When it snows they get right on it. Plus its a pretty straight road. I wish I could say the same about the Garden State Parkway. With all it twists and turn and tree's 15 feet off the road. It could be pouring rain and there's always somebody who thinks they don't have to slow down flying by you on a curve. Its no wonder I see more and more of those memorials by the crash sites.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:21 PM

13,180 posts, read 26,875,167 times
Quote:

So it's really not a rant against the Turnpike now is it
Idiot drivers....you find them all over the US roadways

Old 09-12-2007, 01:56 PM

6 posts, read 30,715 times
Quote:

LOL.. I am on the parkway almost every day and feel the exact same way

Old 09-12-2007, 02:17 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,682,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
So it's really not a rant against the Turnpike now is it
Idiot drivers....you find them all over the US roadways

You're right. I should have said Turnpike driver rant.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:20 PM

176 posts, read 228,419 times
Just move out of the way or else possibly face road rage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey