Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:40 PM

48 posts, read 163,629 times

Advertisements

that's why people get the big bucks to go into NYC:} I have never personally done it but my friends that did would read the paper and maybe even sleep a little. Then the even started a Friday night happy hour club in the back of the train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,040 times
Default Clinton NJ - Allentown PA

Hello,

This looks like the place where i can get my question answered.

We might move to Clinton and I would have to commute / drive to Allentown PA. How long would it take in Peak times to drive the 78W to Allentown from Clinton?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times
I don't have any firsthand experience, but from what I've heard you should be able to do at least 90 mph while waving at the poor saps heading east Seriously though, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you'll be doing the classic "reverse commute." I can't see too many folks going west in the morning or east in the afternoon.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:51 PM

it is the reverse commute. Highway 78 going west in the a.m. and coming east in the pm is wide open. it would be a great commute.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:31 PM

5 posts, read 11,838 times
Default clinton manhattan

the bus from clinton to NYC, should it be taken from annandale?
or what is the fastest way?

any advice from people who commute from clinton to NYC?

thanks in advance

Old 10-04-2007, 02:43 PM

The bus leaves from Clinton - the train from Annandale. The bus station is right off of Route 31 across the street from Mc D's - next to the Dunkin Donuts (hmmm it is a pretty good location to get food)

Old 07-26-2009, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,710 times
Default Normal commuting stuff

I've commuted by bus, train, and car from a variety of NJ homes (Bergan County, Union County, and Hunterdon County). In my experience the basic truths are:

1. If you are on the road after 7:00 a.m. be prepared to stop-and-go.
2. The train is the most civilized, takes the longest, and costs the most.
3. The bus is usually the quickest but not good for claustrophobic people.

I believe these rules hold true in Clinton. I've lived here for 20 years and have had numerous commutes in all directions over the years.

As to the Trenton run, there are a few tough-to-avoid bottlenecks. Pennington is one of them. Flemington is sometimes a problem. Both will certainly be more trouble in view of rule number one above.

If you take route 29 instead of route 31 the trouble spots appear more random (but that perception might be a function of me having less experience on the route). Certainly, Lambertville will slow you down. There are a number of spots along the route that seem impossible to avoid SNAFUS.

I see this question was posted a few years ago. I trust the question is still considered by others and hope that my pontification is of assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey