Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 03:30 AM

513 posts, read 1,166,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Sounds like a delicious road trip! Has the Munchmobile ever done such a trip?
I know that Peter Genovese and Company did a Munchmobile donut trip as well as one for cupcakes. I don't recall a high-quality bakery run as described by you great people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 AM

908 posts, read 1,554,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This thread is killing me! I want it all.
Imagine how I feel living in Pa? My husband saw me reading the thread, and he left the room,lol. If there wasn't more snow coming in our area, I would definitely visit.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 PM

26 posts, read 50,849 times
Bovella's makes amazing wedding cakes. 8 years later and I still think about that cake As for their cookies, eh not my style I cant really judge if they are good since I dont care for the bakery style cookies.

I did not care for Randazzo's in Raritan at all. I used to live around the corner and went once and never went back.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:09 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,148,594 times
Default Palazzone 1960

Palazzone 1960. Today.

From left to right: something filled with raspberry and lemon, chocolate cream puff, and fruit tart.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:46 AM

69 posts, read 206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Palazzone 1960. Today.

From left to right: something filled with raspberry and lemon, chocolate cream puff, and fruit tart.
I loved the way you wrote it )

Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalalien View Post
I loved the way you wrote it )
Haha, I don't know the actual name of that cake, but it was delicious lol

Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 AM

58 posts, read 153,469 times
Agree that bakery is amazing. if you are near the willowbrook mall - check it out

Old 02-16-2013, 02:24 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,458,487 times
I am now convinced that there is a definitive answer to this thread: Palazzone 1960.

I went to check out the new Carlo's Bakery in Ridgewood a couple of times this week. Now their stuff is good, and there are a few items that aren't insanely priced, but most of the items are small in size and very expensive. ($19.95 a pound for ruggelach? For real?) Not to mention the crowds and parking are ridiculous.

Today I went to Palazzone 1960, and, for the same money, got five times the treats that were even better. They had chocolate dipped lobster tails today, $2.50 a pop. I am not exaggerating, each one had to weigh close to a pound. They were stuffed to the brim with custard. I haven't had a chance to try Carlo's lobster tails yet, but I did try the sfogliatelle, and while they were good, they were also $3 a pop for tiny pieces that weighed maybe 2 oz., if that.

Close the thread now. We have a winner.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
I am now convinced that there is a definitive answer to this thread: Palazzone 1960.

I went to check out the new Carlo's Bakery in Ridgewood a couple of times this week. Now their stuff is good, and there are a few items that aren't insanely priced, but most of the items are small in size and very expensive. ($19.95 a pound for ruggelach? For real?) Not to mention the crowds and parking are ridiculous.

Today I went to Palazzone 1960, and, for the same money, got five times the treats that were even better. They had chocolate dipped lobster tails today, $2.50 a pop. I am not exaggerating, each one had to weigh close to a pound. They were stuffed to the brim with custard. I haven't had a chance to try Carlo's lobster tails yet, but I did try the sfogliatelle, and while they were good, they were also $3 a pop for tiny pieces that weighed maybe 2 oz., if that.

Close the thread now. We have a winner.
I'm so glad that you love it (again).

When I originally started this thread, there was no Palazzone 1960. One day I shall take my Italian-American mother-in-law to see if it meets with her approval.

However, don't forget the try the Scone Pony this year. If you happen to go down the shore near Spring Lake, it is worth the trip. Spring Lake is such a beautiful town, it is worth visiting, especially in the spring and summer.

It's not like Palazzone, for one thing it is not Italian. But they have delicious things, too. My husband still smiles thinking of the blueberry pockets, and everything we have had there is great. It is more of a scone/cupcake/American pastry/cake kind of place. There is no place to sit down inside, though, although there are tables outside (the place is tiny).

Feature Piece- Seasonal Treats at The Scone Pony on Vimeo

The Scone Pony - Spring Lake, NJ - Local Business | Facebook

Scones Upon Scones, Sold at the Shore

The Scone Pony - Specialty Bake Shoppe in Spring Lake, NJ

Food Connections: The Scone Pony, Spring Lake NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey