Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Even then Zimmerman's fault, shoulda stayed his ass home instead of bothering random people. Would be no confrontation, no death, no jail time for anyone.
you may think its his fault, but legally i believe he can defend himself if he is physically assaulted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 02:14 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you may think its his fault, but legally i believe he can defend himself if he is physically assaulted.
O, maybe, I am not a lawyer. Do you agree with the fact they charged him finally? or you think everything was fine like it was

Old 04-12-2012, 02:14 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
i think he did it because he didnt like that the guy was following him so he decided to attack.
So you have one guy with a gun and a history of checking up on people and one guy walking home from the store with no history of attacking people (unless I missed this) and you think it was the kid walking home that attacked first?

That doesn't seem very logical.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
O, maybe, I am not a lawyer. Do you agree with the fact they charged him finally? or you think everything was fine like it was
i have no problem with him being charged, i dont know all the facts of the case that the prosecuters office had access to. i just hope he gets a fair trial and the right decision is made.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So you have one guy with a gun and a history of checking up on people and one guy walking home from the store with no history of attacking people (unless I missed this) and you think it was the kid walking home that attacked first?

That doesn't seem very logical.
he has a history of calling 911 on people, im not aware of a history of attacking people. i think someone posted that he called 911 46 times in some timeframe, but he didnt attack those people. why would he start now?

i think something was posted on one of Martin's social media sites that he swung on a bus driver. i can understand why someone in his situation would want to attack someone following him. so its not hard for me to believe he attacked.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:22 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times
i just dont understand how if he was being attacked he had time pull out his gun while he is being attacked and to shoot him but couldn't physically fight back with his fists, and scream the whole time "help" if treyvon was attacking him. and this zimmerman looked like he was alot bigger than treyvon. to me it does not matter black or white,would you want this happening to one of your loved ones and nothing be done about it.

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
if im walking down the streets of brooklyn and i think someone is following me because they intend to rob me, can i just turn around and start swinging away?

You would be surprised how many people on this board think you can.

I could just imagine last time walking through my neighborhood some bum asked me what I was doing in that neighborhood. Instead of keep on walking I should have just punched him in the face. Don't ask me questions, bro.

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
he has a history of calling 911 on people, im not aware of a history of attacking people. i think someone posted that he called 911 46 times in some timeframe, but he didnt attack those people. why would he start now?

i think something was posted on one of Martin's social media sites that he swung on a bus driver. i can understand why someone in his situation would want to attack someone following him. so its not hard for me to believe he attacked.
Cuz he finally snapped? Normal people don't try to be cops so hard and don't call 911 so many times for bulsht reasons.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:23 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:

I thought Zimmerman assaulted a cop or something like that. Maybe I got that mixed up.

In my book if you walk around with a gun and you aren't a police officer or transporting money, you are looking for a fight.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I thought Zimmerman assaulted a cop or something like that. Maybe I got that mixed up.

In my book if you walk around with a gun and you aren't a police officer or transporting money, you are looking for a fight.
i believe there was an incident where his friend was being arrested and he pushed a cop.

i dont share that anti-gun view, i think carrying a weapon is important for being able to defend yourself from people who would do you harm. i wish nj allowed carry licenses. i would have one and id always carry it and id never be looking for a fight or carrying a large sum of money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey