Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,549,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
maybe what happened was treyvon was on the phone with his girlfriend minding his own business and zimmerman walked up on him and scared him from behind and a normal reaction would be to turn around and protect yourself and zimmerman took it as treyvon attacking him. Zimmerman being the man he is with a gun all powerfull and all thought this person would not fight back but he did. unfortunatly the only witness is dead and he cant speak for himself so zimmerman will go on a long trial and get set free for something he instigated.
we know thats not what happened. it wasnt a surprise confrontation, martin knew he was being followed.

im hearing that zimmerman will be acquitted but you never know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 09:51 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
we know thats not what happened. it wasnt a surprise confrontation, martin knew he was being followed.

im hearing that zimmerman will be acquitted but you never know.
right he knew he was being followed and started walk fast not run so zimmerman said treyvon looked like he was up to no good because he was walking and talking on the phone and possibly on drugs. and that gave him the right to confront him? the last i heard this is a free country and you can walk wherever you want treyvon was not trespassing or doing anything that would have given zimmerman the right to confront him. such a shame this guy is gonna get off. but he will have to live the rest of his life with the fact he killed a child.

oh if you wanna donate to a good cause:The Real George Zimmerman

Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
and that gave him the right to confront him? the last i heard this is a free country
its a free country, you can confront people.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 AM

625 posts, read 900,178 times
Quote:
its a free country, you can confront people.

Right on Mr. Gadfly

Old 04-13-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Right on Mr. Gadfly
confront them for what!!!!walking with a hoodie on or being Black!!!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
confront them for what!!!!walking with a hoodie on or being Black!!!!!
i can confront you if i dont like the color of your shirt.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:21 AM

ok but you still persue even after your told not to!!!! that was a fact!!!!that makes him an instigator!!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
ok but you still persue even after your told not to!!!! that was a fact!!!!that makes him an instigator!!!!
whats with all the exclamation marks? take a deep breath.

what is the timeline according to you where martin told zimmerman not to follow him and then he continued to follow him? im not sure thats a factual representation of what happened. still, i doubt it would still be legal to punch him even if you told him not to follow you. not at least until he followed you onto your own private property.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:32 AM

572 posts, read 2,017,501 times
Are you kidding me? He approached this KID in an aggressive manner according to all accounts and asked him what he was doing there and then asked him for ID to prove it. It is not like he politely approached Trayvon and advised him that he did not like the color of his hoodie and said thank you have a nice day. This was all after being told by 911 operators not to follow him and not to get out of his car. At that point he becomes the aggressor regardless of who threw the first shot. If you ask me, if Trayvon did throw the first punch I would say that it was self defense for him. He was minding his own business walking home from the store...it was Mr. Zimmerman who chose a confrontation.

If you really believe the BS that are spewing on this thread then I am really glad that NJ does not have easily obtained concealed weapons permits. The LAST resort should be to shoot somebody, and shooting someone after maybe taking a punch from a 17 year old kid after you have been stalking him like an animal is not an appropriate response....and you should be ashamed of yourself if you think it is.

Quote:
i can confront you if i dont like the color of your shirt.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCK7778 View Post
Are you kidding me? He approached this KID in an aggressive manner
oh, i didnt realize he approached him in "an aggressive manner." that changes everything!

i wouldnt ask you what you think because you seem to think your personal opinion trumps the law. "i think its self defense even if martin threw the first punch." well, thankfully you arent a judge and judges are supposed to follow the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey