Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:38 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Funny, I don't think I've ever been in a Wawa (and I've been in many) that sold lottery tickets. Maybe it's an A.C. thing? I usually frequent the Wawas in Mercer, Burlington, and Ocean.
I am almost 100% sure the Margate WaWa sells lottery tickets. That is the one bad thing about NNJ...no Sheetz, WaWa, or Turkey Hills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 09:44 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,248 times
Add me to the Wawa list. Great food, great prices, friendly staff, clean, clean bathrooms, open 24/7 365 days a year. NEVER ever buy coffee anywhere else, they have a fabulous selection, I can make it just the way I like it and it's one third the price of DD.
Luckily I live 5 minutes away from one.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:08 AM

859 posts, read 3,321,795 times
The Wawas in Burlington and Mercer have no lottery tickets, so I always assumed they all didn't. And in the summer I frequent the one on Route 35 north of Ortley Beach and they don't have em either.

My ex worked in PA for a while and was obsessed with Sheetz. I have never been to one.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:44 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,014 times
Wawa used to make the best sandwiches!!!! I'm sure they still might, I just haven't been to one in years. About 12-15 years ago, I was down the shore at my cousin's and we went for sandwiches. He and his friends drove to a Wawa. I was thinking to myself "are these people nuts? A wawa? What about a real deli?" But it was great. I went down every weekend one summer (during our party years) and we had Wawa sandwiches every weekend. When I first started dating my husband about 10 years ago, I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride one saturday night because I needed a Wawa sandwich. He said okay and I drove at about 11:00 at night all the way from north jersey to exit 88, toms river/lakewood to get a Wawa sandwich. When we were on our way home he said "I thought you just wanted to be alone with me, I didn't realize you really wanted a Wawa sandwich, why didn't you just go to the one in rutherford?" Rutherford was about 10 minutes from us....I never knew there was a Wawa there until that night LOL!!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 12:05 PM

56 posts, read 250,193 times
I love WaWa. When we first moved to Hunterdon County 16 years ago from Absecon there was no WaWa just scummy Krauzer's..when WaWa came several years later we were so happy. Now we have two in our area one on 31 and one on 202 in Three Bridges with a super, huge one due to go in eventually to replace our little one in Flemington. I say AMEN and Right ON.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:50 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I think that's just that store. I hit the one in Margate before we go into hell...er...I mean AC and they sell them there.
This is totally off topic. But, I already gave you rep points for the J-E-T-S comment under your username, but the AC thing is so damn funny too! If you're not already, you should really try writing jokes. Thanks for those laughs, I needed it!

BTW, no WAWAs here in NC, but we could use a few.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:13 PM

882 posts, read 3,537,652 times
My wife is from Cape May, so I heard all about WaWa prior to veer having the opportunity to visit/experience one in person.

I now spend more time in NJ than she does (we live in Myrtle Beach) and every time I'm there, I *have* to hit a few WaWa's and pick up a few shorties.. (Ham/Cheese). On the trip back home, I always stop at the WaWa in Chester, VA. off I-295 and pick up a few for the road and for her as well.

I do have to say, they are a pretty good store, regardless of what you're stopping in for, but the deli 'sammiches just can't be beat!

From what I've heard, warehousing and distribution issues have prevented them from expanding any further north/south than they already are.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:46 AM

859 posts, read 3,321,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Wawa used to make the best sandwiches!!!! I'm sure they still might, I just haven't been to one in years. About 12-15 years ago, I was down the shore at my cousin's and we went for sandwiches. He and his friends drove to a Wawa. I was thinking to myself "are these people nuts? A wawa? What about a real deli?" But it was great. I went down every weekend one summer (during our party years) and we had Wawa sandwiches every weekend. When I first started dating my husband about 10 years ago, I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride one saturday night because I needed a Wawa sandwich. He said okay and I drove at about 11:00 at night all the way from north jersey to exit 88, toms river/lakewood to get a Wawa sandwich. When we were on our way home he said "I thought you just wanted to be alone with me, I didn't realize you really wanted a Wawa sandwich, why didn't you just go to the one in rutherford?" Rutherford was about 10 minutes from us....I never knew there was a Wawa there until that night LOL!!!!

I remember that random North Jersey Wawa! It was on the border of Carlstadt and Rutherford. It was sort of near the Becton High School. It was the weirdest thing! It's been gone for a while though Now it's somethign else.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:50 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,557 times
It depends on which on you go to. I've been to many because I work all over the state. I go before work and I've been to a few where I've orded a sandwich and was kept waiting along time. Now I dont go right to the counter to pay for my sandwich unless I know there making it right then and there. If not I just walk out. Maybe when the manager see's all the sandwichs that were not picked up they'll get the hint. And I only go there before work. I would never go there on a day off.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:17 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I remember that random North Jersey Wawa! It was on the border of Carlstadt and Rutherford. It was sort of near the Becton High School. It was the weirdest thing! It's been gone for a while though Now it's somethign else.
That's sad, I can't believe it's gone!!!!!! I guess it wasn't that popular to begin with...poor thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey