Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:28 PM

1,248 posts, read 4,057,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
I live in Saddle Brook in Bergen Cty. I love our town, taxes are pretty low for Bergen Cty., small town, great park & schools. I have the best neighbors. My son just started lst. grade and he also plays sports in the town. There are houses right now in the $300 and it goes up. We are close to stores and also to the train.

Good Luck in your search -
Houses for $300,000 in Saddle Rock?? I don't think so.

Houses in the worst parts of Jersey City start in the $400K's and apartments rent for over $1,500 a month. The real estate market in north & central jersey is like that in Nassau County on Long Island ---- Very expensive with high taxes. And buying a house if you have kids is financial suicide in this part of the country unless you are making in the mid six figures....

These are the same 'realtors' who probably would advise someone to buy a home for 10 times their household income and use 'pick a pay' mortgage program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 07:45 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickL28 View Post
Houses for $300,000 in Saddle Rock?? I don't think so.

Houses in the worst parts of Jersey City start in the $400K's and apartments rent for over $1,500 a month. The real estate market in north & central jersey is like that in Nassau County on Long Island ---- Very expensive with high taxes. And buying a house if you have kids is financial suicide in this part of the country unless you are making in the mid six figures....

These are the same 'realtors' who probably would advise someone to buy a home for 10 times their household income and use 'pick a pay' mortgage program.
The post said Saddle Brook not Saddle Rock. You sound like a broken record. Would you get over Jersey City and Hoboken? Those two towns are pretty unique because of their proximity to NYC. While the rest of NJ is also expensive, you would not pay $800,000 for a 2 Br apartment anywhere in the state, other than in Hoboken. So don't compare the rest of the state to those two towns.

Finally, you always argue with people who give advice about towns they live in. And because they live there, they know better than you do. What makes an expert anyway? Just because you live in NJ (I am not even sure if you do), doesn't mean you know everything. Wake up and look around. Real estate market is not what it used to be and its going to get even worse (or better depending if you are a seller or a buyer). There are some very upscale towns in Bergen County that have nice houses listed for around $500,000. A year ago, you couldn't even get near them for that amount of money.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:17 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,880,312 times
Yes - Saddle Brook and no not Saddle River. There are houses for sale in the $300 range, not $300 exactly. My taxes are about $5200 a year which is considered decent for Bergen County.

And you can get a 3 bedroom for about $1650 too rent in my town.

We don't make "3 figures" a year in salary and manage to live in NJ!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 13,905 times
Default saddle brook houses for 300K??

where in saddle brook, nj can you get a house for 300K? please let me know, I want to buy one.

We put an offer on house in foreclosure for 450K but the realtor did't even put the offer in for us b/c he said he already got multiple offer for that house????

and i thought the housing market was suppose to a bargin for buyers?

Old 04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,880,312 times
First of all these posts are from 2006 - I didn't say $300 even I said in the $300, may be $389,000.

If you go on realtor.com I am sure there are some houses for the price, may need work!

The lowest house right now on realtor.com is for $299,000 - I am sure it needs updating but it is there!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:30 PM

164 posts, read 247,286 times
my aunt bought her home is Saddle Brooke for 65k 35 years ago, with many upgrades the home is worth about 380kish today her home is a very nice Cape*

Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJbound View Post
Thank you, sounds simple enough

Before we randomly pick someone from the yellow pages does anyone in the Union Twsp area have a recommendation for a attorney you really liked working with?

Thanks!
Contact several of the abstract/settlement/mortgage companies in the area and ask for references for a real estate attorney and see whos name gets suggested most often !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey