Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 PM

15 posts, read 18,176 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your information. Is it safe to take trains around 6pm, especially in winter day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Is his office walking distance to NJ Transit in Newark? It 's called Newark Penn Station (note that Manhattan also has a New York Penn Station,

Living on a train line that goes to Newark would make sense. You can see the train lines at www.njtransit.com and see how long it would take to get from "your town" to Newark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 PM

You are right. I guess we need to increase the budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
$1,500 for a 2-3 bedroom apartment isn't gonna be easy to come by

Old 05-04-2012, 05:14 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelei View Post
Thanks for your information. Is it safe to take trains around 6pm, especially in winter day?
LOL. I found your question hilarious, but I don't quite understand thed concern with trains in winter. What concerns you about that?

Anyway, it's funny because thousands of people--and by thousands I mean thousands, it is not a figure of speech--are commuting on the trains passing through Newark at that time of day every day. I am one of them. As a matter o fact, I'm on the train right now.

I suspect NJ will be culture shock for you. Don't worry, come to City-Data and we will talk you through it!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 PM

Actually, I mean is it safe to walk from office to the train station. You know, Newark has high crime rate and it is dark around 6 pm in winter days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL. I found your question hilarious, but I don't quite understand thed concern with trains in winter. What concerns you about that?

Anyway, it's funny because thousands of people--and by thousands I mean thousands, it is not a figure of speech--are commuting on the trains passing through Newark at that time of day every day. I am one of them. As a matter o fact, I'm on the train right now.

I suspect NJ will be culture shock for you. Don't worry, come to City-Data and we will talk you through it!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelei View Post
Actually, I mean is it safe to walk from office to the train station. You know, Newark has high crime rate and it is dark around 6 pm in winter days.
Oh, OK. It really depends upon how far he has to walk. I sometimes work in the Gateway buildings, which are a couple of blocks from Newark Penn Station. That's not a problem. There are a lot of professionals walking around that area at that time.

Not sure about other Newark neighborhoods and their walking distances to the train, so maybe if you have another street or an approximate area, someone can answer that question.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM

456 posts, read 832,881 times
you must be happy to leave the sh*t hole called Pittsburgh....

Old 05-05-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
Really? I have a coworker who recently visited Pittsburgh because her son has been offered a scholarship and will be going to college there. She said she was impressed with how nice and clean and pleasant the city is.

Never been there personally.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 PM

456 posts, read 832,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Really? I have a coworker who recently visited Pittsburgh because her son has been offered a scholarship and will be going to college there. She said she was impressed with how nice and clean and pleasant the city is.

Never been there personally.
Must have visited somewhere else, that doesn't sound like Pittsburgh

Most of Pittsburgh is run down, dirty, many crime ridden/poor areas with many blacks, and most of the whites are white trash. Basically it's like Alabama.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:45 PM

291 posts, read 976,773 times
I think mightyqueen's suggestion of Wayne is a good one, but wanted to give a word of caution about the flood area. If you find single family homes in the under $2000 range in Wayne, they are very likely in a flood zone. Definitely look into that if you are going to pursue homes in Wayne--though the flood area is a minority of the town, the areas that do flood, can flood very badly. (Same goes for areas of Lincoln Park and Pequannock, FWIW.)

Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 PM

I think Pittsburgh is a nice place to live based on my experience. A midsize town is good for people like me. People are nice, weather is good...
I am a little bit worry about live in a large city where I am moving to. Anyway, I have to move...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey