U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 PM

3 posts, read 7,034 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I am in the hunt for an experienced tree swing installer. Have done some googling and really havent turned up anything. Also consulted the yellow pages and no go there too. Does anyone have any idea what sort of person/company might install tree swings? Any thoughts are appreciated. We are in Warren NJ.
Thank you
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 10:10 PM

1,670 posts, read 2,958,094 times
How about inquiring with an arborist? Not just someone who prunes trees but a real expert. They may tell you the safest way to do it or recommend the common steel post in the ground type. You may find one in a true gardening center, not the national ones.

Here are three from the local pages; maybe you can do a BBB report or other search through consumer affairs to find out what they needed to be certified or if there have been complaints with the business:

A) Plant Solutions Organic Tree & Lawn Care
(888) 742-8733 Warren, NJ 07059 Dist: 3.3 miles
Plant Solutions ISA Certified Arborists will design a customized plant healthcare and maintenance program to meet your l ... more

B) Crestview Tree Service
(908) 464-2673 57 Magnolia Dr, New Providence, NJ 07974 Dist: 6.7 miles
Nurseries and Greenhouses, Certified, Arborists

C) Bartlett Tree Expert
(732) 968-0800 2 Lakeview Ave Ste 206, Piscataway, NJ 08854 Dist: 5.1 miles
Nurseries and Greenhouses, Landscaping, Certified Arborist

These were from: Find certified arborist in Warren, NJ - NJ.com

Best of luck.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:54 PM

Thank you! I appreciate your help!

Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM

332 posts, read 912,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summersomer View Post
Hello all,
I am in the hunt for an experienced tree swing installer. Have done some googling and really havent turned up anything. Also consulted the yellow pages and no go there too. Does anyone have any idea what sort of person/company might install tree swings? Any thoughts are appreciated. We are in Warren NJ.
Thank you
I don't think there is such a thing and I seriously doubt that a tree company would install one for you. I'm assuming you're talking about a simple rope swing? Why not install it yourself? When I was a kid my dad tied a 30' rope off on a high limb, attached a tire to the other end, and wa'la, endless summer fun.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:16 PM

359 posts, read 996,667 times
are you kiding,now days everyone will do anything for money,like install xmas lights in trees,call your tree guys,good luck

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM

1,670 posts, read 2,958,094 times
Default de nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersomer View Post
Thank you! I appreciate your help!
It's a small world, you are welcome.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 AM

Endless summer fun! That's what I'm hoping for!
The previous owners of our house set up this tree swing - and it was damaged by the 10/2011 storm. Where we live, the trees grow very tall, but are so densely packed, that very few horizontal branches exist. They installed a swing between two trees which are approx 25' apart by fastening what looks like a 6 x 4 (?) plank, held in place by brackets that circle around the plank and then are screwed into the tree by enormous spike/screws. Two lovely hammock swings hung for the first year and my daughter LOVED them, then the freak fall snowstorm...we had extensive tree damage. The trees that were used are fine - one end of the plank was yanked out of the tree and fell though. My husband and I tried to repair the swing and both climbed ladders against either tree. Unfortunately, I am not strong enough to hoist the wood up to the level at which it should be resecured. And, after closer examination, we think that we should have the entire swing re-evaluated vs. just re-hung for safety sake. That's the longer story. Maybe the previous owner did the work himself or perhaps hired somebody. None of our neighbors know. That brings me back to my quest - the parts used are unusual and it looks like a professional job. Just cant for the life of me figure out who would do this work. I am calling the tree companies suggested here today and will see what they say.
thanks again

Old 06-12-2012, 09:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,158 times
Summersomer, did you ever find anyone to do this work? We have a similar project and would appreciate any help you could pass on. We're also in NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey