Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2007, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 12,576 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am planning to buy a first home in Central, NJ. I am confused between North Brunswick and Piscataway townships.
Please advise which is a better city/township to buy a home in order to receive maximum appreciation value in the near future apart from great living considering all aspects like income, crime rate, school districts, flood zones, etc.
This will help us to zero down on a particular area.
Thank you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 PM

78 posts, read 399,567 times
both towns have "good" section and "bad" section. If you don't know the area well, i would go east brunswick, south brunswick or plainsboro in middlesex county.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 PM

69 posts, read 225,938 times
north brunswick is better than piscataway, but the other options listed are better than both

Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,948,561 times
North Brunswick is better in the sense that it has less crime, better schools, and is not flood prone like parts of Piscataway can be. It is ALLOT more spread out, but it has easier access to major highways. Only downside is North Brunswick is more expensive.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:02 AM

786 posts, read 2,655,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev1978 View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy a first home in Central, NJ. I am confused between North Brunswick and Piscataway townships.
Please advise which is a better city/township to buy a home in order to receive maximum appreciation value in the near future apart from great living considering all aspects like income, crime rate, school districts, flood zones, etc.
This will help us to zero down on a particular area.
Thank you..
I lived in Piscataway (Society Hill area) for a long while. Lots of new development (stores, chains, etc) going on. The main plus of Piscataway is that it is the home of Busch/Livingston campus of Rutgers University.

Have no idea about the other brunswicks, other than i used to pass them along rt 18 when going to the borders bookstore.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:48 PM

4 posts, read 34,046 times
Default North Brunswick

I Lived In North Brunswick For 18 Yrs. It Is A Great Town, Good Schools. Taxes Have Gone Through The Roof. I Moved Out 4 Yrs Ago For That Reason And We Wanted A Slower Place Of Life. Moved To Soutyh Jersey And Love It. Have Family In Pisc. Schools Ok But Not As Good As North Brunswick, Areas Do Flood. Over All No. Brunswick Is Better, If You Dont Mind The Taxes

Old 05-12-2008, 08:24 AM

7 posts, read 23,958 times
"to receive maximum appreciation value in the near future"

I second all the above responses as far as the citities and their rankings are concerned. However, the part of your question above, am afraid, may not be true, more so in the near future. Most that I know believe that next few years, house prices may not even keep up inflation. Of course, one doesn't buy house for pure appreciation and there are many other factors but in case you are...then be prepared for not seeing any appreciation or possibly decline, however small they will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey