Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:53 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,909,084 times

Advertisements

I few months ago I got the paperwork in the mail to come in to renew my license for 4 years for $24. About a month later they sent me another letter saying they made a mistake and renewed licenses are now $48, but good for 8 years.

So today I renewed my license--they didn't go into detail, but said they were sued and had to go back to the 4 year arrangement.

I wonder what they could have been sued over?

Overall it wasn't a bad experience at the Wallington Office, but I was looking forward to 8 years

Last edited by johnfrisco; 05-15-2012 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 02:16 PM

225 posts, read 721,258 times
Same thing happened to me. I thought they planned on making everyone go to the 8 year plan by 2004 or so, so I'm just hoping they don't continue w the 8 year plan after I get the 4 year one and have to go back in 2 years.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:12 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
wow, we just got the 8 year letter last week - my husband has to renew within the next few weeks. do you have a link on this?

Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM

225 posts, read 721,258 times
It's on their main site: The implementation of TRU-ID has been delayed. Customers should continue bringing 6 points of identification for all license and ID transactions.

ACLU wins court order to block N.J.'s new driver's license rules | NJ.com

Old 05-16-2012, 08:17 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHomebody View Post
It's on their main site: The implementation of TRU-ID has been delayed. Customers should continue bringing 6 points of identification for all license and ID transactions.

ACLU wins court order to block N.J.'s new driver's license rules | NJ.com
not to be dense (but I will anyway), but where does it say you can't get an 8 year license? i only see that we're reverting back to 6 points of ID. was the new ID system linked to the 8 year license?

Old 05-20-2012, 09:12 PM

179 posts, read 465,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
I few months ago I got the paperwork in the mail to come in to renew my license for 4 years for $24. About a month later they sent me another letter saying they made a mistake and renewed licenses are now $48, but good for 8 years.

So today I renewed my license--they didn't go into detail, but said they were sued and had to go back to the 4 year arrangement.

I wonder what they could have been sued over?

Overall it wasn't a bad experience at the Wallington Office, but I was looking forward to 8 years

Same thing happened to me, only I had check made out for $48.00 luckily, I had my check book with me, so I made out a new check for $24.00 for 4 years, the 8 year plan was denied. Call or better yet contact MV before you go, you need certain ID papers, etc. Good Luck.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,655 times
I had just gotten the letter about the 8 yr. renewal, and was so excited about it. One less thing to have to worry about in 4 yrs. Then today, I go to the DMV for my renewal, and am told at the counter that the ACLU got that blocked by court order - they claimed it was "discrimination". As if it wasn't already bad enough that when I got there, there was a huge line out the door, because "all the computers were down state-wide". What is going on with our system?? And why is the ACLU sticking their nose in something that would have been a GOOD thing for us???

Old 05-29-2012, 07:15 PM

6 posts, read 13,777 times
Why would this be discrimination? NY has had 8 year licenses for years and you can renew through the mail!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
it got blocked because they just decided on their own to do it, without taking public comment or going through the legislative process. it may be a good thing, but it should still be decided on by the state as a whole, not just forced upon us.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:19 PM

461 posts, read 911,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
it got blocked because they just decided on their own to do it, without taking public comment or going through the legislative process. it may be a good thing, but it should still be decided on by the state as a whole, not just forced upon us.
They force laws on us, why not force something good on us? They get the same amount of money. Just less bodies through the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey