Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:49 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
The difference is I wouldn't go over to the New Mexico forum or any other forum to point out what's wrong with their State because I don't live there. If I lived there for a short time I still wouldn't do that. People in these forums want answers from people who actually live here, not answers from people who only lived here a short time. If someone asks a particular question on a vacation destination as an example and you've been there then you have every right to give an opinion pro or con, but to all of a sudden come in here and tell us we have to think about how we vote when you don't know how I or anyone else here votes, is just plain rude and condescending.
................http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/MurphChessLinus/smileyapplause.gif (broken link)...................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2006, 06:56 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,619 times
Listen, San Diego and parts of California are truly beautiful. South Florida is just nice, not spectacular, and the weather is nice, but I have seen some dumpy parts of Florida for sure. Plus, there is no culture in Florida.. it's a wasteland for the retired and mostly those who can't afford to live anywhere expensive. I'm sorry if I'm offending someone, but since we're being so honest about our feelings why not just say it, right?

Old 10-02-2006, 07:03 PM

49 posts, read 276,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
DeniseNJ nice to have you fighting the good fight, but there are several people who come to this forum regularly just to dump (excuse the pun) on our state. I'd like someone to calculate how many times Rainbowaves has used the phrase "toxic wast dump" in her posts, hmmmmm... What I want to know is why they spend so much time on this forum, rather than their own state?
Thanks njchick. I usually ignore those types of posts, I visit other NJ boards also, but ya know what? it's about darn time we stick up for NJ. If I'm forced out of NJ for financial reasons I won't be happy, but I sure as heck won't go to the NJ boards to tear it apart. I love New Jersey and proud to say it.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
................http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/MurphChessLinus/smileyapplause.gif (broken link)...................
Cheers to you to Adream .

Old 10-02-2006, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Listen, San Diego and parts of California are truly beautiful. South Florida is just nice, not spectacular, and the weather is nice, but I have seen some dumpy parts of Florida for sure. Plus, there is no culture in Florida.. it's a wasteland for the retired and mostly those who can't afford to live anywhere expensive. I'm sorry if I'm offending someone, but since we're being so honest about our feelings why not just say it, right?
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! Now that's a good answer.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:13 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,092,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNJ View Post
The difference is I wouldn't go over to the New Mexico forum or any other forum to point out what's wrong with their State because I don't live there. If I lived there for a short time I still wouldn't do that. People in these forums want answers from people who actually live here, not answers from people who only lived here a short time. .
My dad's family has lived in NJ for 40+ years. I am not an idiot passing by. I hear it all and see how they live and how they struggle to pay their bills and deal with the changes in their neighborhoods, thank you for you concern as to my qualifications. I remember Rte 4 when you could actually drive on it without cursing. I remember Bergenfield when you could walk around and feel like you are in a nice town.

I have been to a ton of states and I only visit the forums of the states where I have lived in or have very close family in. NM, PA, MA, NJ (rarely), NY. And DE if it is general info about homes or taxes.

I don't need approval to post here from anyone but the mods. So if you don't like what I am saying, add me to your ignore list.

Hmmm just got a good idea!

Old 10-02-2006, 07:29 PM

421 posts, read 468,782 times
Default Toxic waste dump

WHOOPS, i said it again...and don't you think ppl should be aware of what they are paying for? Hey, too bad...if anyone wants to defend Jersey, it doesn't bother me, but when there are those like myself that choose to give out important info, it should make ppl aware, not angry...here's something for ya all joisey peeps...
http://orion.math.iastate.edu/rymartin/njokes.shtml (broken link)

Old 10-02-2006, 07:38 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,619 times
Oh, we need YOU to give us your knowledge of NJ? Guess what, I've lived in NJ all my life, I don't need a bitter ex-Jerseyan to give me "important info", LOL. I think it's you who need info if you think Florida is shangrila.... got news for you, there are plenty of people coming to NJ everyday, whether you like it or not, people want to live here so get over it.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:47 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,276 times
It seems to me that when you live in a state, volunteer in your church/school/community, pay the taxes, support the local economy and vote in the elections, you are justified to say anything you want to about your state.

When you choose to leave that state, it doesn't make sense to ***** about what should be in your rear view mirror. Why not let it go and move on?

Last edited by Yac; 10-03-2006 at 08:37 AM..

Old 10-02-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
My dad's family has lived in NJ for 40+ years. I am not an idiot passing by. I hear it all and see how they live and how they struggle to pay their bills and deal with the changes in their neighborhoods, thank you for you concern as to my qualifications. I remember Rte 4 when you could actually drive on it without cursing. I remember Bergenfield when you could walk around and feel like you are in a nice town.

I have been to a ton of states and I only visit the forums of the states where I have lived in or have very close family in. NM, PA, MA, NJ (rarely), NY. And DE if it is general info about homes or taxes.

I don't need approval to post here from anyone but the mods. So if you don't like what I am saying, add me to your ignore list.

Hmmm just got a good idea!
Well let me see, I have family members in Italy, Nova Scotia, Brooklyn, Nevada and California, let me go to those boards and make nasty comments, and then I'll head to the boards of States I've visited and give bascially an uninformed opinion. Really good dialogue is fostered that way @ @!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey