Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 AM

40 posts, read 80,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Woodcliff Lake
Montvale
Rockland Cty homes - place at bottom of list.
so you say woodcliff lake and montvale should be on the top of the list and rockland at the bottom.. did I understand correctly )) just checking to make sure..
thank you very very much for your time dear FrmlyBklyn..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 10:29 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogclifford View Post
so you say woodcliff lake and montvale should be on the top of the list and rockland at the bottom.. did I understand correctly )) just checking to make sure..
thank you very very much for your time dear FrmlyBklyn..
Yes - rockland cty has a problem controlling taxation they raise them with reckless abandon. The taxes are high in montvale on a nominal dollar basis but when compared against the value of home they are either comparable or lower than other towns in nj.
Montvale offers proximity to Woodcliff Lake - litterally right down the road, it has a number of businesses there so the tax base is not relying solely on residential, it is right off the GSP, NYS Thruway is nearby, there is a train in town (not on weekends) and is about 15 minutes away from Ridgewood/Paramus malls. The schools are excellent - montvale and woodcliff lake.
Woodcliff Lake is also very nice.

If I had to live up in the northern most part bordering NYS, I'd focus on those two towns. Rockland would be dead last.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM

40 posts, read 80,365 times

thank you very very very much FrmlyBklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Yes - rockland cty has a problem controlling taxation they raise them with reckless abandon. The taxes are high in montvale on a nominal dollar basis but when compared against the value of home they are either comparable or lower than other towns in nj.
Montvale offers proximity to Woodcliff Lake - litterally right down the road, it has a number of businesses there so the tax base is not relying solely on residential, it is right off the GSP, NYS Thruway is nearby, there is a train in town (not on weekends) and is about 15 minutes away from Ridgewood/Paramus malls. The schools are excellent - montvale and woodcliff lake.
Woodcliff Lake is also very nice.

If I had to live up in the northern most part bordering NYS, I'd focus on those two towns. Rockland would be dead last.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogclifford View Post

thank you very very very much FrmlyBklyn
Your welcome. Property values have dropped all over, Montvale and Woodcliff Lake are not immune to it, but there is more desirability to live in those towns than say Hillsdale (which is also nice with a town center). Park Ridge is a bit less expensive and the schools are a bit lower ranked than Montvale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey