Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM

667 posts, read 1,744,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
I've heard great things about Wyckoff. I would personally prefer it as opposed to the ultra-competitive environment in Ridgewood. I think Wyckoff is super nice while offering more normalcy. And better for things like town sports, perhaps, because Ridgewood is very big and super competitive, where kids have to be the best at everything.

Why not Glen Rock? Just curious...don't know much about it but wondering why to avoid.
Wyckoff is a great town, as is Ridgewood, as is Glen Rock. Have friends in all 3 towns. You get more bang for your buck in Wyckoff but it's not cheap either. I agree, Ridgewood breeds super competiveness in all aspects but it's the poster perfect town. Glen Rock is a very small town compared to the the other 2 but has ton of charm. A smaller environment also has it's advantages & disadvantages. Both GR/RW are very walkable towns (big sidewalks, downtowns) and have very active environments (runners/walkers,competitions, promotions, etc). And you also have the fact that both(GR/RW) have commuter train lines into NYC--this is where the biggest different lies vs Wyckoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 07:01 PM

100 posts, read 154,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfsr1544 View Post
Really? You just sign on to spew such BS
The fact that it took 2x for you to post the same message show your true colors. I live in Glen Rock and love it. Moved here a year ago and have met great folks. You must live in the Emerald City, where all things are perfect?
Nah. Glen Rock is just bad, and a wannabe Ridgewood.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 PM

25 posts, read 101,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjersey View Post
Sorry if I made suggestions you'd already thought of! I just figured I'd mention those schools, since I know people from Wyckoff who actually attend them. Not sure about the AMBS waiting list (sorry if it's not an option for your son due to that!), but I know a couple of people have had good things to say about it. I'm sorry you had a less than positive experience with the receptionist at St. E, but if you will be moving to Wyckoff, I'd encourage you to consider going to take a tour--I know a number of people who are very happy with the school and speak very highly of the experience their kids are having there.
You are right. I shouldn't rule it out because the person answering the phone is miserable. I think I will try and schedule a tour in July and hopefully the waiting list isn't too long!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:48 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,007,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnozer View Post
Nah. Glen Rock is just bad, and a wannabe Ridgewood.
You want snobbery? - Head to Westfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey