Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,862,268 times

Advertisements

Well, it depends which part of Sicklerville, which by the way is in Camden County. The area west of Cross Keys Rd. is part of Gloucester Township (which confusingly is in Camco) and is relatively nice. The part east of that road is in Winslow and has some crime issues, but still not that bad overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 04:36 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,899,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
I am pretty clear on the NE part 'cause that's where I live, and it's the opposite of the things I listed. I am trying to get educated on all the other areas now. Which parts/counties are not so crowded, have little traffic and cheaper new construction homes with big lots and basically look like average America? I don't mean a home in the middle of nowhere in the field, but something more rural than a typical NE NJ suburb, a lot of which wouldn't even be considered suburbs in other parts of the country, but instead cities, considering how dense they are.
Anyway, I am guessing the NW, Central and parts of South would be it? I figure South might be kinda congested too where it's close to Philly?
Western Monmouth County is like the boonies. Also, to an extent, is South Western Middlesex. Farmland and long 'country' roads are prominent in these areas. You'll find big development homes in the middle of nowhere that are pretty cheap considering their size just because of their location in the middle of nowhere, then down the road random shabby shacks that look like they've been abandoned for 30 years.

The shore towns are not inexpensive by any means, but they're dead in the winter and basically anytime that's not summer or a beautiful spring day. Especially on the bay side of the barrier islands, towns like Bayville (Ocean County). They are known to be very hick-y all year round, since they're right on the edge of the Pineys. The southwestern counties are sometimes like a different land.

I only know all this because I have family in these areas, I personally am from Union County, one of the most dense in the country hahaha.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,618,190 times
Is there any suburban towns with below 1 hr train commute to Manhattan with new construction condos and a lot of green space (trees, parks) in the NE part?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 AM

88,154 posts, read 84,005,514 times
Quote:
Is there any suburban towns with below 1 hr train commute to Manhattan with new construction condos and a lot of green space (trees, parks) in the NE part?
Nope.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,769,453 times
Quote:
Your still in the Urbanized Core 1hr out..., you need to go to the ends of each line and then sometimes its not Suburbanized....this region is dense...and will grow denser and bigger over the next 15 years... Look 50 miles out if you want a true suburban paradise...

Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 PM

well daMN
what bout towns like that but without trains?

Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,769,453 times
Quote:
well daMN
what bout towns like that but without trains?
Most towns have trains or were built by the Railroads so they are dense...so you need to go up into Orange county or out into Sussex county to escape it...

Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 PM

10,219 posts, read 19,120,636 times
South Orange has a large park, the South Mountain reservation, and new condos near the train with a < 1 hr train ride. West Orange has no train, but has new condos (though if you insist on literal new construction, you're talking $2M...) and the South Mountain and Eagle Rock reservations. Millburn has the train and the park, but no new condos that I know of. All are dense suburbs just with nice preserved parkland in them. None are what I'd call affordable.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 AM

How bout those kinda towns with <1 hr train commute to Newark?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 PM

10,219 posts, read 19,120,636 times
Denville, NJ comes immediately to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey