Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 07:17 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I think your incorrect on that. I have found great food all over this country. For a good Cheesesteak you would have to go to phiilly. I have had some of the worst in NJ. Here, they do them well because we have Philly transplants here that open restaurants.
We have transplants from other countries also. We have wonderful Muffaletta Sandwiches.
American Way Magazine - Trends for the Modern Traveler / Travel

Nashville Foodies: The Italian Market
Nashville Foodies

There are Hundred's or more.

Diane
interesting, as there's a place in NJ that is consistantly at the top of cheesesteak places in the Philly area.

But I do hear what you're saying. You've had great food all over the country, you can find all types of great food in Nashville, but no good places in NJ. Got it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 07:27 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,832,515 times
Quote:
I think your incorrect on that. I have found great food all over this country. For a good Cheesesteak you would have to go to phiilly. I have had some of the worst in NJ. Here, they do them well because we have Philly transplants here that open restaurants.
We have transplants from other countries also. We have wonderful Muffaletta Sandwiches.
American Way Magazine - Trends for the Modern Traveler / Travel

Nashville Foodies: The Italian Market
Nashville Foodies

There are Hundred's or more.

Diane
I'm trying so hard to get riled up...or even mildly interested...but somehow it's not happening this time around... I'm a little sad. I think the whole Diane-bringing-up-TN-endlessly and Diane-making-wild-assertions thing is just getting...boring.

I'm trying...I'm trying....

The other threads were so much fun but I think it's just gotten so old by now.

Sucks, because we were all on a roll for a while there!

I even had some kind of a joke typed up for this quote, but it was forced and the whole concept (the original quote) was dull and well...you guys get this instead. :P

Old 09-30-2007, 08:21 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,441,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm trying so hard to get riled up...or even mildly interested...but somehow it's not happening this time around... I'm a little sad. I think the whole Diane-bringing-up-TN-endlessly and Diane-making-wild-assertions thing is just getting...boring.

I even had some kind of a joke typed up for this quote, but it was forced and the whole concept (the original quote) was dull and well...you guys get this instead. :P

I'm with you!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:31 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,335,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
interesting, as there's a place in NJ that is consistantly at the top of cheesesteak places in the Philly area.

But I do hear what you're saying. You've had great food all over the country, you can find all types of great food in Nashville, but no good places in NJ. Got it!
There are some good places to eat in Jersey but Manalapan has mostly chains.
How many times can you eat at Applebe's.? Oh and there new one is Cheeseburger Cheeburger.
I use to go to the Princeton Area to find better,.Do a search, you won't find many.
Diane

Old 09-30-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:

If you read what I quoted, the person mentioned that food was better in NJ than Sweet Tea, etc meaning TN. So that is why the post. Do you get my point?
Diane

Old 09-30-2007, 08:55 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:
There are some good places to eat in Jersey but Manalapan has mostly chains.
How many times can you eat at Applebe's.? Oh and there new one is Cheeseburger Cheeburger.
I use to go to the Princeton Area to find better,.Do a search, you won't find many.
Diane

well, diane, seriously. you're comparing a city the size of nashville, population of over 500,000 with a small town, population = 30,000. come on. make it a level playing field, will you?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:07 PM

687 posts, read 3,241,843 times
Quote:
well, diane, seriously. you're comparing a city the size of nashville, population of over 500,000 with a small town, population = 30,000. come on. make it a level playing field, will you?
So funny. Well, you know, come to think of it, my hometown of Podunk, OH doesn't have as good food as New York City.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
Yes. How about we compare it to Manhattan instead?

I'll bet most of us here could come up with, oh, one or two good restaurants there.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Yes. How about we compare it to Manhattan instead?

I'll bet most of us here could come up with, oh, one or two good restaurants there.
But you don't live in NYC, so its not comparing to where you acually live. In rush hour NYC was as far from me as Chattanooga is now, So would I show you places there? No, because I don't live close to there.
I'm not even showing the town where my daughter is in college, and that's only 45 min away.
Diane

Old 09-30-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
But you don't live in NYC, so its not comparing to where you acually live. In rush hour NYC was as far from me as Chattanooga is now, So would I show you places there? No, because I don't live close to there.
I'm not even showing the town where my daughter is in college, and that's only 45 min away.
Diane
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Yes. Well, thank you for playing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey