Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:27 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,352,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I said that because you said you loved NJ , and if you love it so much, Why stay here?

Does anybody else find this funny coming from this person ?
Haven't we all asked at one point or another the following question

If you hate NJ so much and have already moved ,why would you want to keep coming back to the jersey board and not post on your own beloved States board???

A simple question
I post on the TN board. I answer when I can. Your pissed because your probably not making the $ you were in 05. Prices are down, and so are commissions.
I don't think I ever set foot in Rahway so have no idea what it looks like or even where it is. I just know I don't like the name.
Diane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 07:53 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,705,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Don't forget the Entenmann's!
You can find Entenmann's in the South (at least here in NC). Now Ring Dings, I haven't seen. Surprised you found them in TN. What about FunnyBonz? Weren't they the chocolate covered cakes with peanut butter type filling? I used to love those!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:20 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,633,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
You can find Entenmann's in the South (at least here in NC). Now Ring Dings, I haven't seen. Surprised you found them in TN. What about FunnyBonz? Weren't they the chocolate covered cakes with peanut butter type filling? I used to love those!
I hate to say I don't believe Diane, but I don't. You can't get Drake's much further south than DC (although like mikenbacismama said, there was a limited selection in other states at one time, but acc'd to the website, it's a northeast thing), and i don't think you can get them any further west than Central PA. my Pgh friends never heard of them (nor friends any further west of there). They say "Oh yeah, Ring Dings - just like Ding Dongs" - BLASPHEMY!

StMaarten - just for you!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
We were able to get a limited selection of Drake's cakes in NV and also here in FL. The coffee cakes are still good, but the Devil Dogs don't taste the same. Are they still good when you get 'em up there?

I was never a fan of Devil Dogs - too cakey for me. I'm not sure if the recipe has changed. Do you mean you can STILL get stuff in FL or only for a short time?

Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I hate to say I don't believe Diane, but I don't. You can't get Drake's much further south than DC (although like mikenbacismama said, there was a limited selection in other states at one time, but acc'd to the website, it's a northeast thing), and i don't think you can get them any further west than Central PA. my Pgh friends never heard of them (nor friends any further west of there). They say "Oh yeah, Ring Dings - just like Ding Dongs" - BLASPHEMY!

StMaarten - just for you!

STOP IT! I'm in tears!
Devil Dogs used to stick to the roof of my mouth...hated that!
What about those fruit pies Drake's used to make? Geez, I'm really deprived! Now back to my sweet tea....

Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,707,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
If you don't like it leave. Or is it you can't afford to live in NJ? I can but chose not to.You love it so go home.Nashville is my home now, NJ was just a stopping place on the way south.
They are building 100 dunkin donut chains in Nashville. I believe 2 more just opened up. I have one near me on Crother's Pky and I never went in, Why? I don't care for their coffee. I prefer Krispy Cremes.
I've gone to some good ethnic restaurants in Hillsboro Village, West End
Diane
Now when you mean ethnic, you are meaning the brother and sister are having relations, correct?

Old 10-02-2007, 08:32 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,182,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I was never a fan of Devil Dogs - too cakey for me. I'm not sure if the recipe has changed. Do you mean you can STILL get stuff in FL or only for a short time?
Yep, we can get 'em (I know we don't get everything because we definitely don't get Sunny Doodles). I've bought them in Walmart & Publix.

I really used to love COLD Devil Dogs!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
STOP IT! I'm in tears!
Devil Dogs used to stick to the roof of my mouth...hated that!
What about those fruit pies Drake's used to make? Geez, I'm really deprived! Now back to my sweet tea....

you mean.............(scroll down)

THESE????
http://orderdc.com/catalog/images/1applepie.JPG (broken link)

http://orderdc.com/catalog/images/1cherrypie.JPG (broken link)

LOL about sweet tea - i saw a recipe for ST on the food board, and i want to try it - i have all the classic signs of getting hooked on the stuff!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Now when you mean ethnic, you are meaning the brother and sister are having relations, correct?
EWWW! People used to say that people living in the Mahwah hills had the same issues!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,182,519 times
[quote=tahiti;1637050]you mean.............(scroll down)

THESE????
http://orderdc.com/catalog/images/1applepie.JPG (broken link)

http://orderdc.com/catalog/images/1cherrypie.JPG (broken link)

Ya know, I haven't noticed if we have them, but I doubt it cause I don't miss much when it comes to food!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey