Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,337,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Let me see if i can put this in some kind of order

You post on the Tn board. you answer when you can, (answer what and where)

In 05 i was on my last year of a 25 yr long stint on Wall St.
so i have no idea what an agent made back then, After i did a 7 month consultant job at the end of 05 to middle of 06 ,Aug 06 is when i went for my real estate license . Since i got my license i have had 9 closings ,which is not bad for a newer agent .

As far as where Rahway is you must have missed that class in NJ history
so i will tell you

Coming up from the south you would hit
Woodbrige then Rahway then Linden
We are bordered by Woodbrige to the south and southwest
Clark to the west and northwest,Linden to the north and northeast and last would be Carteret to the east. And just in case you want to know
NO there is no prison in Rahway and Yes George did sleep here
I don't believe I took NJ history, Graduated from HS in Long Island, NY and college in Clarksville, TN.
My children took it, but I did not see Rahway mentioned. I have passed there but on the Parkway and never got off that exit.
George slept everywhere in NJ, Englishtown, NJ also
I mostly drove south in NJ except to family up North, or Short hills Mall.
I post on the TN board all the time but there are questions I can't answer. I'm only in TN a little over a year.
Diane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,846,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
EWWW! People used to say that people living in the Mahwah hills had the same issues!
Are you talking about Jackson Whites? Yes, it was historically true, to an extent. You're talking about the Ramapo Mountains, though.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT TENNESSEE!!!! Please Diane, go away. Pretty please?
Exactly! Good God! It's one big huge yawn and the posts aren't even noteworthy in a negative way any more...at first they at least had some element of interest or other (usually erroneous) but now it's just...drivel.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:23 AM

.................................................. ...

Last edited by JerZ; 10-03-2007 at 01:37 AM..

Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Frustration? I get it often and good, now don't ever mention or try to guess my private life again.

I am after nobody on this thread, but in case you missed the state forum we are on, this is called the NEW JERSEY forum, not the TENNESSEE forum. So please, stop bringing up where you eat there, where you shop, where all those evil Hummer owners live, where all the redneck country singers live, and how many windows are in your home.

In case you missed 99.99% of the members on the New Jersey forum have said, I will say it for them...

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT TENNESSEE!!!! Please Diane, go away. Pretty please?
I don't think your girlfriend would appreciate you saying that.
You wish you could afford the homes of the so called Redneck country
singers and besides I know some of the people in NJ enjoy them.Pictures of Alan Jackson's House, Bus and Garage
For one, the realtor that sold my house. Now, she is a hard working honest person thats been in the business over 25 years. She lived in my town, so not everyone in Manalapan was like that, but there are quite a bit, most orginally from Staten Island.
You are very disrespectful since you are much younger than I am. I have a 23 year old son that still lives in NJ so I o have interest of what's going on. I pay his Auto Insurance and a few other things, so NJ is still getting my money. So as long as I pay money out to NJ, I have the right to stay here.
My son is engaged so we'll see where he will go after he is married.
Diane

Old 10-03-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sent View Post
Seriously, why all the NJ hate on the NJ board? My geographical history is irrelevant to my appreciation for food. I grew up in NJ, then moved away to other places with my family for over a decade. Now they have moved back to NJ for their jobs, and I picked up and moved south for my job. Don't people still move for education and job relocation these days? Or does everyone just move to square states for the awesome McMansions?

My mom used to buy me those Drakes cherry pies. I haven't seen those packages in years. Yum, I can taste that sugar coated crust and the gooey cherry filling.
My husband asked for a Job relocation to the main office here, three others followed. They heard he got it, and wanted to also.
We moved here for a better quality of life which we found. My husband no longer has a 2 hour commute home. When we moved to Jersey, it was 55 min, but it got more crowded and the traffic got worst. That 2 hours sometimes was more like 2 1/2.
He now commutes 20-25 min. We are in our 50s so it was stressful for him to sit on a bus that long after arriving in the office before 7 every morning to avoid the morning rush hour.
His major client a large takeover firm is Calif based, so he is an hour closer for business call purpose.
My daughter is happier going to college here. She has a friend in NJ that is misrable, said all the kids in her college in NJ were unfriendly. She calls my daughter daily. I met my daughters new friends and they are nice girls.
It was a good decision for us.
We have all those awful Drakes cakes here and worst. Too Sweet, I don't drink sweet tea, I order it unsweet and add 5 splends's-no calories that way.
Besides, the weather is better here.
Diane

Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
My husband asked for a Job relocation to the main office here, three others followed. They heard he got it, and wanted to also.
We moved here for a better quality of life which we found. My husband no longer has a 2 hour commute home. When we moved to Jersey, it was 55 min, but it got more crowded and the traffic got worst. That 2 hours sometimes was more like 2 1/2.
He now commutes 20-25 min. We are in our 50s so it was stressful for him to sit on a bus that long after arriving in the office before 7 every morning to avoid the morning rush hour.
His major client a large takeover firm is Calif based, so he is an hour closer for business call purpose.
My daughter is happier going to college here. She has a friend in NJ that is misrable, said all the kids in her college in NJ were unfriendly. She calls my daughter daily. I met my daughters new friends and they are nice girls.
It was a good decision for us.
We have all those awful Drakes cakes here and worst. Too Sweet, I don't drink sweet tea, I order it unsweet and add 5 splends's-no calories that way.
Besides, the weather is better here.
Diane
Uh, yeah, but...it's still Tennessee.

I mean it does have that drawback.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:05 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,698,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I don't think your girlfriend would appreciate you saying that.
You wish you could afford the homes of the so called Redneck country
singers and besides I know some of the people in NJ enjoy them.Pictures of Alan Jackson's House, Bus and Garage
For one, the realtor that sold my house. Now, she is a hard working honest person thats been in the business over 25 years. She lived in my town, so not everyone in Manalapan was like that, but there are quite a bit, most orginally from Staten Island.
You are very disrespectful since you are much younger than I am. I have a 23 year old son that still lives in NJ so I o have interest of what's going on. I pay his Auto Insurance and a few other things, so NJ is still getting my money. So as long as I pay money out to NJ, I have the right to stay here.
My son is engaged so we'll see where he will go after he is married.
Diane
Awwwww you pay his auto insurance? Lucky tyke.

You called me disrespectful because of my age? Day by day you never cease to amaze me with your endless and deepening stupidity. I am not disrespectful. If it's anyone that disrespectful, it's you. All you do is brag about your big home, who lives around you, what lonely housewives club you belong to. To me, that's disrespectful, but look at yourself. You're a snob originally from Five Towns. The worst kind of human, and you have no right to stay here if all you do is keep hijacking threads. Some of us come on here to talk about Jersey, not to bash it endlessly like you do, but it's my turn to be a jerk for a second and tell you to shut your snotty Lawng Eyeland mouth. Wait, do you have a Long Island accent or some phony southern accent you morphed into just because you're in denial that you ever lived in the dreaded Northeast?

Anyway, let's get back on topic...again...for the 45th time...

Old 10-03-2007, 07:53 AM

13,366 posts, read 28,602,546 times
Yeah..back on topic..2 questions...
Hoboken...any good recipes for tortelini??

Good place up in Morris County for Chicken tandoori???

Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,584,422 times
[quote=njkate;1639225]Yeah..back on topic..2 questions...
Hoboken...any good recipes for tortelini??

Good place up in Morris County for Chicken tandoori???[/QUOTE]

Disclaimer: i'm not huge fan of indian food, but we went to "Cloves" in the ITC once (in the Sam's Club complex) and I thought it was good. My brother loves Indian food and he enjoyed his too. Prices are reasonable so if it turns out to be not up to snuff, it's not all that much out of pocket.

Cloves Indian Cuisine.com | Budd Lake, New Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey