Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:05 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times

Advertisements

[quote=tahiti;1639253]
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Yeah..back on topic..2 questions...
Hoboken...any good recipes for tortelini??

Good place up in Morris County for Chicken tandoori???[/QUOTE]

Disclaimer: i'm not huge fan of indian food, but we went to "Cloves" in the ITC once (in the Sam's Club complex) and I thought it was good. My brother loves Indian food and he enjoyed his too. Prices are reasonable so if it turns out to be not up to snuff, it's not all that much out of pocket.

Cloves Indian Cuisine.com | Budd Lake, New Jersey

Thanks..I do shop there so will have to try it.
I don't care for all Indian food but do like the tandoori
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 07:24 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,292 times
Talking Oh My Linzer Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Looks yummy! Especially the black & white! Do they also sell Linzer tarts?
OMG !!! I was just beginning to read this thread when I spotted your post mentioning LINZER TARTS !!... I was just thinking, someone better mention NJ LINZER TARTS. I get them at the Americana Diner Rt. 130 Hightstown or at the Colonial Diner Rt 18 EB. Same owners. When they are really fresh, the girl tells me, and when they've been there for a few days, she tells me that too. Even stale these cookies are soooo good. The Hoffman Bakery in Allentown has a pretty good Linzer Tart made by these cute little German Ladies. Where do you get yours???

Old 10-03-2007, 07:56 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
In all the years I lived in NJ, I never ate at the White Manna in Hackensack. I'm thinking of making a special trip, next time I'm in NJ. Is the food really THAT good there? Curious.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:16 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,189,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
OMG !!! I was just beginning to read this thread when I spotted your post mentioning LINZER TARTS !!... I was just thinking, someone better mention NJ LINZER TARTS. I get them at the Americana Diner Rt. 130 Hightstown or at the Colonial Diner Rt 18 EB. Same owners. When they are really fresh, the girl tells me, and when they've been there for a few days, she tells me that too. Even stale these cookies are soooo good. The Hoffman Bakery in Allentown has a pretty good Linzer Tart made by these cute little German Ladies. Where do you get yours???
Sadly, I live in the land of rednecks...I haven't found a good one here!

Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Sadly, I live in the land of rednecks...I haven't found a good one here!
I see...Hernando County....yikes I remember going through Brooksville in the early 80's ( is that Hernando or Pasco?)..talk about culture shock

Old 10-03-2007, 09:22 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Awwwww you pay his auto insurance? Lucky tyke.

You called me disrespectful because of my age? Day by day you never cease to amaze me with your endless and deepening stupidity. I am not disrespectful. If it's anyone that disrespectful, it's you. All you do is brag about your big home, who lives around you, what lonely housewives club you belong to. To me, that's disrespectful, but look at yourself. You're a snob originally from Five Towns. The worst kind of human, and you have no right to stay here if all you do is keep hijacking threads. Some of us come on here to talk about Jersey, not to bash it endlessly like you do, but it's my turn to be a jerk for a second and tell you to shut your snotty Lawng Eyeland mouth. Wait, do you have a Long Island accent or some phony southern accent you morphed into just because you're in denial that you ever lived in the dreaded Northeast?

Anyway, let's get back on topic...again...for the 45th time...
First of all the club I belong with is part of a National Organization with Chapers in 8 states. It was started in Ohio, corporate now is Atlanta Georgia. It's for newcomers to an area . We do lots of things, tour, Bowl, Golf, Restaurants.
Second, I lived in an area of Lawrence LI called Meadowmere Pk, its a small waterfront community. My parents bought the house in the 50S for YES $3000. We were not rich and I had to work myself thru college. My father found the community because they were having a 4th of July party, boat racers, swimming. It was old houses that people renovated. Mine was stone and stucko. My family had the front put in stones. My grandfather did that with his own 2 hands. I didn't live the fancy life of my friends in the 5 towns, but I made sure my children would.I did not have a bad childhood and was never teased, but when my sister who was very bright(skipped 2 grades)
was teased when she got the Princess part in the play and one of the rich girls got the poor girl part. The Girl said you should be the poor girl. Let's say this Girl's father, Grandfather owned a large hotdog firm. I heard they have realtives living in Marlboro now.
So you really know nothing about me.
If your only 30 and talk like that to someone who is old enough to be your mother. Yes, I'm married 32 years, more than your age.
Diane

Last edited by Diane Giam; 10-03-2007 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: TYPO

Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
On topic now. There is a wonderful diner in Bordentown, that not only has good Italian Foods . It's excellent! I found it thru a yearly Luncheon of a cruise group I belong to. One of the members lives in Robbinsville, so picked this place. I went back many times. Too bad its too far for my son's rehearsal
dinner, or I would have it there. They do have private rooms. The place is huge.

Mastoris

Diane

Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 AM

1,309 posts, read 4,189,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I see...Hernando County....yikes I remember going through Brooksville in the early 80's ( is that Hernando or Pasco?)..talk about culture shock
I'm not going to bash, since I actually do like the slow pace down here. But, come on, they really need to get with the program on some things. I bought a Cassata cake at a local bakery (after having tried their cannoli & sfogiatelle (sp?), which were very good). Well, the cake was a disaster! What a waste of $30+.

Last edited by mikenbacismama; 10-03-2007 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-03-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to bash, since I actually do like the slow pace down here. But, come on, they really need to get with the program on some things. I bought a Cassata cake at a local bakery (after having tried there cannoli & sfogiatelle (sp?), which were very good). Well, the cake was a distaster! What a waste of $30+.

I understand and hopefully it's evolved in the last 25 years
I now have friends that live in Springhill inviting me down but my memories of that area are so awful I won't budge...I know dumb on my part but awful memories linger

And speaking of the Drakes cakes...what is it down there again...Little Debbie??? blech!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
....................... Sorry about that, folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey