Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:16 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I'll admit at first she really got under my skin. But honestly, now? i'm kinda growing fond of old diane - she's really making this board fun. i truly look forward to coming here to see what stream of consciousness and little nuggets of wisdom will come out of her fingertips. (don't ever repeat i said this... )
For that comment, we are so not having an internet fling. Shame on you!

Now, where's JerZ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 PM

329 posts, read 1,442,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I know some of you have it in for DianeGiam, or whatever her name is. But don't you see, she's getting a rise out of you! Just ignore for goodness sakes and keep pluggin' the great info you've given before (at times).
Enjoy the weekend and keep the peace.
That's so unfair..I made a casual joke which you felt the need to rush to her defense over and in doing so you insulted Kate and myself (not that we care). No one on here has any hostility towards Diane so to say "some of you have it in for Diane" is silly. Why create drama when there is none? I apologized to Diane and she was not offended. Have we become so PC that we can't make a joke without "it being at someone else's expense"?

Old 09-28-2007, 07:27 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
Not in Monroe, but what about Sam Vera in Marlboro? I think that'd be a better locale than Nonna's for a rehearsal dinner. Nonna's is so loud.
That restaurant has changed hands so many times. I think it use to be French.It's a bit off the beaten track for Jamesberg, where I think her church is. Maybe I should look in East Brunswick or Princeton.
I wish there were more family style Italian ones around there, we seem to have quite a few here.

Diane

Old 09-28-2007, 07:39 PM

687 posts, read 3,251,641 times
Quote:
Maybe I should look in East Brunswick or Princeton.
Probably Princeton. Practically every restaurant in EB is a chain. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Quote:
That restaurant has changed hands so many times.
I dunno. Every person I've met raves about it, so I don't think that matters particularly.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post

Now, where's JerZ????
Oh sure, NOW you look up ol' JerZ for that fling. Well, I'm game, HG! I have a feeling it might go like this, though:

(Act I, Scene I. Door flings open)

JerZ: Hi! I'm (real name).
HobokenGuy: Uh...hi...I'm HobokenGuy.
JerZ: (in a whisper) No, no, you're supposed to give me your real name now.
HobokenGuy: That is my real name. The priest looked at my parents funny during my baptism, but...

(each is lost in his or her own thoughts as the conversation goes on...)

HG thinks: Oh man. She's...she's a....(horrified shudder) Well, she's everything I could possibly want...in a great-aunt. Come on, lady, ever heard of a bra?--Oh wait, that IS a bra--I've just never seen one that sat directly on top of one's belt loops before. I thought that pic she posted before was supposed to be of Mr. Rogers' puppet Lady Elaine. But it wasn't. It was a pic of JerZ herself!!!!!!!!! How the hell old did this lady say she was again? I thought she said 40??? Maybe she omitted a digit because she ran out of room on the post or something?

JerZ thinks: Hot DAMN! Hubba hubba, what a sweet guy, he reminds me sooooooooo much of my grandson. Except...more virile. Oooh la la. I would jump on him right now, but I don't know if my Celebrex dose has kicked in yet. Oh, what the hell...

(JerZ jumps toward HG, with an interesting sound of several bones popping into and/or out of place.)

The conversation resumes:

HG: Ummmm....uh. I have an early meeting! Oh. Why. Look at the time! Oh boy. I've got to go...I'll call you...
JerZ: What? You're only supposed to say that after we've done the deed. You know...when you're trying to think of a quick getaway.
HG: After the deed? Lady. There isn't going to be a deed. It could have worked in reverse--I could have just thought about baseball scores. But in this case--well, there aren't enough mental images of internet sites to raise this mizzenmast today. Sorry...I'll call you!

So you see, HG, it really wouldn't work out...and it is sad...but...at least I still have Tahiti! And there's nothing wrong with that! Right, Tahiti? (silence echoes) Tahiti....?

Old 09-28-2007, 08:05 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,688,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
Totally. Even if she thinks I'm a budding snob.

Is there still Time to change Your home to an All brick exterior? Also, next time you go to check on the Progress of your house, count the windows, I believe it's Now >44 to exclude You from snobbiness. And most importantly, make Sure your husband doesn't have Time to check this board.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh sure, NOW you look up ol' JerZ for that fling. Well, I'm game, HG! I have a feeling it might go like this, though:

(Act I, Scene I. Door flings open)

JerZ: Hi! I'm (real name).
HobokenGuy: Uh...hi...I'm HobokenGuy.
JerZ: (in a whisper) No, no, you're supposed to give me your real name now.
HobokenGuy: That is my real name. The priest looked at my parents funny during my baptism, but...

(each is lost in his or her own thoughts as the conversation goes on...)

HG thinks: Oh man. She's...she's a....(horrified shudder) Well, she's everything I could possibly want...in a great-aunt. Come on, lady, ever heard of a bra?--Oh wait, that IS a bra--I've just never seen one that sat directly on top of one's belt loops before. I thought that pic she posted before was supposed to be of Mr. Rogers' puppet Lady Elaine. But it wasn't. It was a pic of JerZ herself!!!!!!!!! How the hell old did this lady say she was again? I thought she said 40??? Maybe she omitted a digit because she ran out of room on the post or something?

JerZ thinks: Hot DAMN! Hubba hubba, what a sweet guy, he reminds me sooooooooo much of my grandson. Except...more virile. Oooh la la. I would jump on him right now, but I don't know if my Celebrex dose has kicked in yet. Oh, what the hell...

(JerZ jumps toward HG, with an interesting sound of several bones popping into and/or out of place.)

The conversation resumes:

HG: Ummmm....uh. I have an early meeting! Oh. Why. Look at the time! Oh boy. I've got to go...I'll call you...
JerZ: What? You're only supposed to say that after we've done the deed. You know...when you're trying to think of a quick getaway.
HG: After the deed? Lady. There isn't going to be a deed. It could have worked in reverse--I could have just thought about baseball scores. But in this case--well, there aren't enough mental images of internet sites to raise this mizzenmast today. Sorry...I'll call you!

So you see, HG, it really wouldn't work out...and it is sad...but...at least I still have Tahiti! And there's nothing wrong with that! Right, Tahiti? (silence echoes) Tahiti....?
i'm always there for ya, babe! i'll take sloppy seconds! LOL

Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post

Now, where's JerZ????
man, dissed and dismissed!! wasn't it old diane who brought us together??? doesn't that count for SOMETHING?!?!?!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
man, dissed and dismissed!! wasn't it old diane who brought us together??? doesn't that count for SOMETHING?!?!?!
I believe it counts for a 12-month supply of Cowgirl Nailz * * (the ONLY acrylic nails with a bad accent!), and a free set of windows. DOUBLE-hung. (Don't anybody get excited.)

* * ETA: The interesting thing is that the manufacturer doesn't think that's a misspelling.

Last edited by JerZ; 09-28-2007 at 08:23 PM..

Old 09-28-2007, 08:11 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times
Quote:
yeah you're right. Ok since JerZ doesn't wanna do the deed, then we gotta get to work. Capiche?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey